RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Custom GIT Repository Mirror/Fork For All Interested...

Sythen

Sorceror
As with everything I'm trying to make things easy on myself.... This may be kind of jumbled so bare with me please. The following is not SA/HS compliant. These repositories were designed as a personal archive/backup for my own server....

I have always hated the directory structure of the official RunUO SVN/Mark's GIT Repository so I created my own; I've restructured the entire repository to make things easier for me to find! In addition I've added new custom systems with seamless integration!

These repositories (yes there are 2 of them) are mirrored after Mark's GIT Repository... One is called the Stock Server Edition (SSE) and one is called the Ultima Live Edition (ULE); both are identical to Mark's GIT Repository except that they contain integrated custom systems and one has Ultima Live added into it; I did this so that people have the choice of adding 200+ maps or using the original six maps; this choice is more for those who want a standard OSI clone.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. My dedication to these projects is 150% and I have the time and resources to keep them going. On a side note - and possibly an annoying move on my part: if I feel pressured in any way I will still keep both mirrors in sync with Marks GIT Repository, and even add more custom systems/scripts to them, but I'll delay committing them to my GIT server until the pressure is gone.

I created this project for myself and those who want to use it, not for anyone in particular. My aim IS NOT to compete with the official RunUO SVN Release, Mark's GIT Repository, Jeff's Repository, Vorspire's Repository, or even ServUO... my goal is to offer this repository as an alternative for those who want to use Mark's GIT Repository, but may be having issues installing scripts and/or large custom systems. Got Milk?! Okay well if you need the recommended client versions I suggested on the repository pages; I have those for download too via my dropbox account :)

Negative Attitude? If you are skeptical, have issues with the change in the directory tree, or think this is a waste of time - don't use it. I'm very OCD with the way I like things done; ie. I prefer my root folder be void of unnecessary folders and files and I dislike a lot of directory clutter which causes files from one system or another to be split in several directories instead of just one. Lets face it: why search for 2 hours trying to find something?! It's counter-productive.

A complete changelog has been included in: 'Scripts\Development\OwnersNotations'
***Open it up with Notepad.

DISCLAIMER:

I cannot guarantee that any individual system or script contained within these repositories can be pulled out of them cleanly and installed into another RunUO mirror without any hiccups; that said, I will only support these 2 projects: the Stock Server Edition and the Ultima Live Edtion.

If you're having issues because you broke apart these repositories in an effort to add their scripts or systems into your own RunUO SVN that is not my problem; as of each GIT commit, the systems and scripts contained therein have been tested and currently work with what I release.

I did not take credit for anything I didn't create; all credits can be found on the console when you startup your new server. I'm not creating a separate credits file or credits web page because it's way too much work! If you wrote a script that was included in these repositories, and your name is not on the list on the console, let me know so I can add it in the next commit.

Sythen

Sorceror
I'm still updating these projects, in the past week I can only assume Mark's been busy with other things because he's not updated his GIT fork as of 03/09/2014 20:07:26 PM. That being said I've taken the liberty to add new systems to the 2 repositories I am running. I will remind everyone that they are both identical to Marks and they both contain the same custom systems; the only difference is that the ULE or Ultima Live Edition contains Ultima Live and its associated plugins/addons...

Recently I added the Lumber System with the help of Praxiiz and it's crash free. Praxiiz has updated his download on the forums for anyone who wishes to independently add it to their custom server configuration. I just wanted to thank Praxiiz for allowing me to take the time to test this system, relay the issues I had with it real time, and code patches to fix the crashes that were happening. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has tried to use any of these 2 git repositories and if they liked or dislike its configuration.

I'm also interested in knowing if anyone needs help with it because I can help on getting certain systems running if you haven't figured them out yet. In addition if anyone has anything they'd like to add or have me add I'm open to doing that as well. I will be pushing another commit on these two repositories next weekend on Saturday the 29th.