RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A LOT of questions...

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
A LOT of questions...

I've had a TON of questions recently about donating since the DOS attacks crippled us.

If you want to donate to RunUO just go to www.runuo.com and click the paypal button to do so.

We appreciate it, and thank you for your support.

Thanks,
Ryan

Admin God

Wanderer
does this include doing subscriptions or no? and if you guys need a mirror for downloads come release date, i can give at least 3 servers for a download mirror... also i'll submit a few fun do-dads like unofficial runuo screensavers/backgrounds... not that its anything big but thought it'd be kinda cool... (aka i have to much free time on my hands)

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Admin God said:
does this include doing subscriptions or no? and if you guys need a mirror for downloads come release date, i can give at least 3 servers for a download mirror... also i'll submit a few fun do-dads like unofficial runuo screensavers/backgrounds... not that its anything big but thought it'd be kinda cool... (aka i have to much free time on my hands)

No... we're still working on the subscription stuff.

Thanks,
Ryan

poetawd

Wanderer
Hi Ryan,

I just think that it is right to ask us to donate some money to the project, because we´re using RUNUO to develop our Ideas and make our shards....

I´ll try to donate something....

probally is not gonna be much but.....

It is from my heart,,,,

PS: WAITING and DREAMING with the next RELEASE ! and I hope this attacks don´t affect the release day!

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
poetawd said:
Hi Ryan,

I just think that it is right to ask us to donate some money to the project, because we´re using RUNUO to develop our Ideas and make our shards....

I´ll try to donate something....

probally is not gonna be much but.....

It is from my heart,,,,

PS: WAITING and DREAMING with the next RELEASE ! and I hope this attacks don´t affect the release day!

I'm not asking for donations... I'm just trying to keep my email count under 1,000 per day ;)

Admin God

Wanderer
k kudos. Well I look forward to all further developments and will try and donate in any way possible (monetary or otherwise). Sorry for the stroke of bad luck with the network and people pressing about the release. Remember though that there are many of us who are there for you guys at the drop of a hat. Keep up the good work and be sure to let us know of any request you have so that we might help.

Rabban

Sorceror
Heh, so that's what the delay is... Not the attacks on the servers... Not the high difficulty of coding ML updates... It's all the darn e-mails! If Ryan reads/responds/checks 200 e-mails per hour, that's 5 hours a day of quite possibly wasted time!!!

smokified

Wanderer
does donating make it so you get better "customer" support?

I really like RunUO, but at times when I need actual help, dealing with people such as phantom make it a bit frustrating.

Arvoreen

Sorceror
smokified said:

I really like RunUO, but at times when I need actual help, dealing with people such as phantom make it a bit frustrating.

Considering the Devs poll these boards, I'd have to guess no, beyond the awesome community support this package gets already.

Getting help is a lot about asking the correct question, it's impossible to get the right answer without the right question.

If you think about what you're asking before you ask, do a little research before asking, try everything you can think of, and post your results in a manner that people can understand, I bet you'd get tons of help.

And, if you follow those basic guidelines, people (including phantom) will help you (I'm sure of it), and Life Will Be Good. :D

Phantom

Knight
smokified said:

Everyone is treated exactly the same. Nobody should be treated differently.

The only thing subscribing allowed for was, the fact you could advertise and request things, at no time was the "support" better.

People always thought that, and were shocked when it wasn't the case. If you don't like the way I help you and others, ignore me, I am a member just like you.

etherkye

Wanderer
so Phantom is blunt, and can be rude. but he does tell people how to get it done right and his advice is always useful. Even if trying to work out what he is saying is sometimes hard for newby's, you'll learn a lot faster because of it.