RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A recreation of "U7: Serpent Isle"

nex666

Sorceror
I worked on this about 8 years ago, it was a recreation of Ultima 7: Serpent Isle, not completely accurate just based on it.

I had a few different people help me on it and I really can't remember everyone it was that long ago, so if you're out there thanks! I did quite a bit of it myself..it was my obsession for months.

Just a preview of some of the images:

Full gallery here:

http://imgur.com/a/tRzeC

There's much more, it's a full world with about 4 towns done

HellRazor

Knight
Looks nice - how big is the island? I have an "in-progress" Serpent Isle recreation too. I made it roughly the size of Fire Island and it's pretty faithful to the original.

nex666

Sorceror
To be honest I didn't have my "scale" hat on at the time, it's about 6x the size of the original. It was meant as a whole map replacement

nex666

Sorceror
Thank you for the compliments :)

I don't think I will release it for download, I don't really like a lot of it so I'll either improve the base map and make a shard or release it. I've just got back in to UO after almost a decade of a break haha

HellRazor

Knight
I'll post some screenshots of my version of Serpent Isle some time, as soon as I can gather all the work - when development on it stopped about 6 years ago I had some of it burned to the MUL files and some of it was still on the server, so I need to take some time some day to gather all the bits and pieces and get them all burned to one map. We had the 3 cities completed and were just starting on the temples and dungeons. It turned out pretty faithful to the original.

Macil

Sorceror
You should put a few comparison shots for anyone who hasn't seen or played Ultima 7 (like myself). - I don't know why though, I've played every other Ultima game and even the World of Ultima games just never got into 7 oddly enough.

mtindell

Sorceror
Do you have more pictures of Fawn?

I too have a partial map of this beautiful land. I've tried doing this too many times that I've pretty muchgiven up. It is my favorite game of all time, not just Ultima. The sad part is for me to ever be happy all the pieces would have to fit perfectly, and I just dont have the time or energy to do it anymore.

Surgery got in the way of my last custom map I started drawing, it was massive and amazing at the same time, just dont want to put the time in and make nothing from it tho.

Having to start school soon, work 2 jobs, still considering making a small map that is completely my design and built to condense player base with new amazing layouts, few cities, 2 or 3, many dungeons and exploring opportunities.

Wondering if people would donate for one.. lol :<