RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Access violation and black tiles

Valorian

Wanderer
Hey guys,

this are my actual problems:

I am launching centred and log in to our server and after a few minutes I alway get te access violation error This is in a way really disturbing.

Also in flat view however I get some "black" tiles. Some tiles (tiledata, art and textures are flagged correctly) simply appear to be black...

So id anyone solved this already it would be cool to know.

Greetings :)

m309

Squire
Are you sure you have the client version flag set properly in setup?

Valorian

Wanderer
This I surely have to check :) Thank you. I will see today if this works. Might it be, that there are also problems, if the tiledata.mul is not filled in correctly, or that there are empty tiles?

m309

Squire
Tiledata could affect it if the land/texture art you're using isn't properly flagged for stretching, yes.

StaticZ

Sorceror
All known me problems with access violation are commonly related with errors in "TilesGroup.xml" and related with it configs. Usualy this happens if there is described some invalid tile\entry\brush ID or there are some logic mistakes in config. Take a look if this related with it. This problem is also can be result of bad mul file format, in this case try to resave art.mul\texmaps.mul files by fiddler. Thow as m309 said, it also can be related with wrong client version flags, so first of all check them...