RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a Shame level 5?

Twlizer

Sorceror
Justin I've really been trying to be nice to you even though you miss understood my original intent.

With that said if you need to ask about how to place a teleporter you again should become a player or even try and be a staff member as a counselor on a server before you undertake a project as large as recoding a server.

It wasn't intended to insult you it was only the reality of your skill level. I in no way am inferring you cant do it I was only intending on your learning some of the basic commands with a server before you start trying to code one.

If that offended you get over it and suck it up..

Good luck sir!

Justin Davis

Wanderer
I didn't need help placing a teleporter! LOL I know how to do that, I wanted to implement Shame 5 the actual map, if anyone had it that is...the teleporter to empty dungeon was YOUR idea lol, man your losing it and can't keep it all straight.

You say you have been nice? LMAO, wow that one did make me literally laugh, anyways go read my tutorial, and you'll see I'm way ahead of what your giving me credit for, I'm already starting to edit the scripts and learning all the base classes, and I do have a programmig background different language but it is objected oriented also, coding is not hard for me, but don't know the structure of RunUO quite yet but getting there fast.

You probably think all new people are stupid and can't get it but you forget you were knew once also, and I've seen some of your questions... let's just say people helped you out with much easier questions then my op...and people never told you to go play a server instead of building one, they Just helped. Now you dug a hole you can't get out of and your screaming from the bottom, is it time for you to stop trolling the new people's forum and beating this dead horse.

Twlizer

Sorceror
I've read your tutorial and its incorrect with a good intent.

I haven't posted on how to add a teleporter sense 2003 so please quit flaming people who have given you great advice.

Twlizer

Sorceror
I posted on your link correcting your incorrect information. To show you all I was trying to do is help you.

pooka01

Sorceror
http://uo.stratics.com/content/atlas/shame.php

To get to level 5 you need to go in the gazer room, if there is no teleporter in there, you'll have to create new ones by finding the location of the level 5 by teleporting around, or by looking in the region file in the data/ folder of your runuo, aka DungeonRegion named shame or something, then going there, or actually by using the [go command.

And please, when flames start to flame it's just better to desist and let someone else post help instead of having 2 pages of explanations going back and forth.

Twlizer

Sorceror
Justin read explanation on your post about what Ultima Online Client your using. You may think about changing that as well..

Justin Davis

Wanderer
Justin read explanation on your post about what Ultima Online Client your using. You may think about changing that as well..

Well I could use change to the newer client but everything is working well, what benifit would I have from doing that? Is Client 7.0.15.1 not stable enough? why are a lot of Servers using it then? If there is a compelling reason for me to change my setup that is working fine I will do so as fast as your head can spin, but I need a good reason.

Justin Davis

Wanderer
http://uo.stratics.com/content/atlas/shame.php

To get to level 5 you need to go in the gazer room, if there is no teleporter in there, you'll have to create new ones by finding the location of the level 5 by teleporting around, or by looking in the region file in the data/ folder of your runuo, aka DungeonRegion named shame or something, then going there, or actually by using the [go command.

And please, when flames start to flame it's just better to desist and let someone else post help instead of having 2 pages of explanations going back and forth.

Thank you pokka, I am starting on it now as we speak thanks for the info, makes perfect sense, I just need to find the hook for the moongate on the otherside in Shame 5 and now I know which file to look in, Oh how I wish you would have been the second poster to my OP LOL oh well such is life...

Your right about the Flames... I usually let small things slide unless I find them extremely insulting and rude ...Cheers

Twlizer

Sorceror
The Client your using your server also runs off of it.
If you are using a possible modified client from another server that client is more than likely modified for that server.

Thus your server will have possible maps and art work that is for the server you downloaded from.

When other players from other places happen to ever login your serverthey will not see the same art work you see. They could possibly be bumping into walls and trees because your art isn't the same as there’s.

Again I tell you that you need a distro download to start a server.

Also IIS is a webserver what does that have to do with runuo? Is this your way of trying to let me know your not new to webservers? ok!

I'm not sure I understand your point here. Also to add I would recommend Apache over IIS but that surly is a preference.

Justin Davis

Wanderer
Ok I got Shame 5 working now, just like u said [go command teleport to spot, I used map feature in Pandora box 3 to guild along and pop me into shame 5, Set it all up with teleporters on both sides and Spawns. Thanks for help Pooka.

Justin Davis

Wanderer
No I am not new to servers lol, but if I was there is nothing wrong with being new to anything, RunUO in my case lol, it shows courage when you try something new :) The reason I bought up IIS was for clarification of where I am pointing razor which happens to sit where IIS is, but you either don't believe I am using 10.0.0.3 or just keep blowing past it. I don't need to type 127.0.0.1 into Razor 10.0.0.3 works also. Anyways I just give 10.0.0.3 as an example and have them ping themselves and show them how to do it.

I already know about modified UO clients, and different maps can be a problem, maybe that was not the best link, which I just took down when I had time and that is not where I got my clean copy, but I cant remember where i did get it and that was the first one that popped in google when I typed in 7.0.15.1

It took a long time writing all that and was going to get back to it. When I do find a clean copy of 7.0.15.1 I will be posting it, there is nothing wrong with a fresh copy of it. If people want to use another more recent version then that is up to them, but that is not what I did to setup which is in the spitit of my tutorial, all the programs work the way I did it and tested it so that's the only thing that I can suggest.

Since fix to Shame 5 is done I wont be following this thread anymore and moving on to making my own Shame level 6 out of a cleared out dungeon I spotted while fixing Shame Level 5.

Dian

Sorceror
Justin, have you ran the command [TelGen ? That places all teleporters in the world.. at least that are standard to the UO game world.

Justin Davis

Wanderer
Also played with [moongate to setup new custom levels around the world, and [set hue x to change their colors, did a custom Shame level 6 and populated it, moving on now to setting up a PvP region in Bucs Den trammel.