RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding maps

suttenjohn

Sorceror
Hi all, I have some custom maps that I want to add with the default install of SA 7.0.7.1... I have found different threads about how to do this. I am using RunUO 2.4

I have 7 custom maps, and I need new characters to start on map 200. (is that ok to start new maps at that number?)

The other maps have to be discovered and not part of any public moongate. What is the best way to do this?

MoreBeer

Sorceror
I dont Understand the value of 200? But as far as i know.. when constructing a custom Server you have to change the .Mul files.. so if you wanted to place Trammel map for instance.. you would need to look and replace Map1.mul/Staidix1.mul/Statics1.mul. both these maps will have to match.. one on the server side and one on your client side.

if your looking to have a player start at a location on a map that can be found in CharacterCreation.cs

i may just not understand what your asking.. just tryin to help

suttenjohn

Sorceror
No that's fine, I wasn't sure if there was a sequence expected for the next map or if any number was ok. How do I make the additional maps accessible on the server? I understand that each map needs to match needs to have corresponding Staidx and Statics files...

For instance I modify character creation and you start on map 200 (just for example)
complete a quest and handed a rune to another custom map. -- How do I make it so that the map(s) are accessible?

MoreBeer

Sorceror
the maps are allways gona be there if there on your client side.. ok.. so lets say your quest is in Trammel Map1.mul for example.. but the quest is going to continue on the Malas map. Map3.mul .. ok as long as the Location on the marked rune is on that malas map they will be able to go there.

its the same concept as going anywhere on the same map as to a different map. [where will allways tell you are on the map.. so if you open access to any of the maps it will have to follow the rules of the cores location.

there is no sequence. you can do what you want as far as linking the maps.. i would suggest tinkering with some teleport'rs and set them up between your maps to get a better idea of how to link them.. also if you dont have it.. get pandora it does help see the maps you have and get around and link better..

takes time =) good luck