RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding new Facets

dragonfyre

Traveler
I have found plenty of discussions on RunUO stating that this is not possible, all dated 100 years ago. However I know it to be possible.

With much reluctance, I'd decided to ask this question. Too many discussion with people calling each other names. Stupid. We are all coders here, some at different levels than others, some just too burnt out at the time to make something work.

Anyways, I changed my Mapdefinitions.cs to reflect my new maps. Added the map file, statics, etc. When I try to add a map to a teleporter, or moongate. I get errors, Sever.Map has no reference, "MyMapName" any advice?

Dian

Sorceror
What you are asking to do, and what you are doing is two different things. A new Facet and a new Map are actually different. You can not add a new map this way. New maps must replace an existing map, as the client will only recognize the preset map files that were built with the client.

You can add as many Facets as you want, as they are like.. more dimensions to one map. You can have 100 different Facets of one map, each one being its own.. dimension.. if you follow.

So, what are you trying to do, add a new facet to a map.. or add a new map completely?

dragonfyre

Traveler
Sorry, not really sure what to call Fel, Tram, Malas, Ish, etc. I would like a dupe of Ish so I could, say run two gauntlets, which I could just copy the area, and place it elsewhere with a third party program. I have played shards with say 8 maps. 2 of which are custom, I know this is possible.

sec_goat, Thanks for the suggestion! Probably the only way I can do this.

Dian

Sorceror
If you just want a second facet of Ilsh, then open Scripts/Misc/MapDefinitions.cs
This is where you define map facets. There are comments in the script that details how you can add new facets. And if you are just wanting a secondary facet, you can achieve this without touching the client files.

However, you will need to treat this new facet as a new map, as far as regions, spawning, teleporters, etc, etc..

sec_goat

Squire
dragonfyre probably not the only way, but it seems like it may be the easiest way.
There also used to be a script floating around here called Instanced Dungeons which would allow you to let each party or player have their own copy of the dungeon to play in with out running into others.