RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding new Houses

ebo

Wanderer
Adding new Houses

I'm trying to add custom houses to multi.mul, but i encountered a little script unterstanding problem.

Take the SmallOldHouse for example:
It has only one floor and is quadratic, but following areas are defined in the script:

public static Rectangle2D[] AreaArray = new Rectangle2D[]{ new Rectangle2D(-3,-3,7,7 ), new Rectangle2D( -1, 4, 3, 1 ) };

Does anyone have an idea where those numbers come from?

over and out.
ebo

Nagash

Sorceror
I'm pretty clueless about adding multis, this would help me too. I think I'll have to browse the docs A LOT when I start cutomizing them.

Phantom

Knight
Nagash said:
I'm pretty clueless about adding multis, this would help me too. I think I'll have to browse the docs A LOT when I start cutomizing them.

Then why did you even reply?

Anyhow

That line basicly makes a region for the house based on a certain point in the house.

ebo

Wanderer
Phantom said:
Then why did you even reply?

Anyhow

That line basicly makes a region for the house based on a certain point in the house.

Try not to flame, pls.

Of course I have an idea what does lines make, but i still have no idea where the numbers come from.

public static Rectangle2D[] AreaArray = new Rectangle2D[]{ new Rectangle2D(-3,-3,7,7 ), new Rectangle2D( -1, 4, 3, 1 ) };

Rectangle 1 may be the floor of the house, but what's rectangle 2?

over and out.
ebo

Phantom

Knight
I didn't flame at all.

None the less even though your being rude.

w Rectangle2D[]{ new Rectangle2D(-3,-3,7,7 ), new Rectangle2D( -1, 4, 3, 1 ) };

Is a region declaration.

Which I said in my first reply.

ebo

Wanderer
You really have a strange definition of being rude ...

However, i know its a region, thats pretty obvious, but it wasnt what i need to know.

Again:

Why are there 2 regions for a 1 floor, quadratic house and what's the second region for?

over and out.
ebo

Phantom

Knight
Like I said its an area.

Try not to flame, pls.

Thats being rude.

I am trying to help you. You say I am "flaming" you.

I was flaming you I would have siad something like "die you fucking newbie die!" then added you to my ignore list so I would not have to see your posts again.

But I am not, I am actually trying to help you. Of course I could flame you if you want?

ebo

Wanderer
Read my posts. I didn't say: "Stop flaming me!"
I said: "Stop flaming." and you flamed nagash, you can't deny that.
We should stop now, before that thread gets closed, i need an answer to my question.

*points at #6*

over and out.
ebo

Phantom

Knight
So you can be in the house and use the speech commands.

Its the code to make the area in the array the house region.

Adam3488

Wanderer
Yeah, it just bothered me that no one answered it when the answer was so simple. I may be wrong, but it seems like the right answer. Figured it might help someone out there.