RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding New Staff Accesslevels

pagan_302

Sorceror
Hello, im sure this has been gone over before but i didn't see it anywhere i looked so i was wondering how to make my own custom staff accesslevels(Example: Co-Owner,Head Admin,ect.)

I think it's not the correct section (should have been posted in Script Support), anyway I'd start on adding something at public enum AccessLevel (Server/Mobile.cs).

Then you should add something in the admin gump (Scripts/Gumps/AdminGump.cs) to make these new access levels "accessible": some lines at line 145 (method GetHueFor), line 163 (string m_AccessLevelStrings), something about lockdowns at line 425, buttons from line 828, line 1738 and line 2253.

Then you have to hope it works and then you can start putting new accesslevels here and there.

pagan_302

Sorceror
like i said im really new to this kinda stuff of c scripting can anyone msn,skype,yahoo me and teach me how to do this so i dont ruin my server?

Lichtblitz

Sorceror
Well, I'm happy to help where I can but I strongly discourage you from making core modifications without the ability to pull yourself out of a possible shit-storm. Many people in here can't or won't give support for core modifications:
http://runuo.com/community/threads/using-a-modified-core.48412/

You might quickly end up alone with your problems. Try sticking to the scripts until you're confident that you could solve complicated problems yourself. Chances are you won't even have to ask for support by then.