RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"An Corp" The Community

Bill-hybrid

Sorceror
Been a log time. Just happened to be going through some old yahoo email archives from 2005. Clicked it and to my pleasant surprise not only does it still exist but it's making a comeback?!? Nice! Looking forward to it and good luck!

ArisBB

Sorceror
Its a dream?

Im finishing compress my Shard to put it on-line using ServUO, because this community are active on last months, like i seems on all UO community.

ServUO have any problems and modifications that i dont like, but are what we have support for now

You are comming back with your a atualized emulator?
Have a estimated time to that?

Depends of your response i will stop all for now to wait you!
Thank you very much and wellcome back!

Grimoric

Sorceror
Its a dream?

It seems so. Ryan seems to have disappeared again.

It might have been a whiskey or two too much at the beginning of December and the "run" on runuo.com's service was pressed :D

1. HTTPS hasn't been fixed.
2. Same introduction page "we will be back in 2021".
3. Owner hasn't spoken in 2 months.
4. No goal was set. (more than we need people)

Well, it is a good/important source for information about RunUO. It should be set to a read-only mode so the spambots don't destroy it.

..and if I'm wrong I would be extremely happy.

Iain

Sorceror
Yeah, I was very hopeful that things would turn around here but Ryan is MIA again and all I see is a daily bot message. As Grimoric feels, I'd love to be wrong here but it seems the 'return' was a fleeting moment in Ryans thought process with no clear idea if what that meant and now, well, nothing - but the spambot.

MadeInQuebec

Staff member
Yeah, I was very hopeful that things would turn around here but Ryan is MIA again and all I see is a daily bot message. As Grimoric feels, I'd love to be wrong here but it seems the 'return' was a fleeting moment in Ryans thought process with no clear idea if what that meant and now, well, nothing - but the spambot.
I was kinda hoping the bots were not gonna find their way back,

I'll be more vigilent about them from now on, and will make sure I visit regularly to mop it up.

Wis Weed

Sorceror
Oh man! Yes! I LOVED this community bedfore it went away.

I learned C# from these forums and continue to run a server to this day and have a passion for coding. Thanks so much for this project.

I'm a crypto enthusiest and trying to merge blockchain gaming with our server using NBitcoin! My fellow admin and I have a lot of experience and custom code to share.

Welcome back all!

Acronis

Sorceror
Great to see the community back! When the domain expired I tried to grab it as I was worried it would just end up a spam site, but glad it's back in your hands.

I hope the RunUO community can keep this going.

ServUO people are very helpful (probably all ex RunUO folks), however I have seen some limitations with ServUO (new mounts etc) and there are a lot of us with so much customization that moving to ServUO from RunUO would be a bridge too far.

Forest Condon

Sorceror
I hope the RunUO community can keep this going.

ServUO people are very helpful (probably all ex RunUO folks), however I have seen some limitations with ServUO (new mounts etc) and there are a lot of us with so much customization that moving to ServUO from RunUO would be a bridge too far.
Plus ServUO is leaning towards actively discouraging customizations at this point. They no longer allow dynamic script changing and whenever you do a change/addition you have to rebuild the server now. They have also removed the ability to choose which era you want. I was hoping RunUO was back but alas it looks like it might not be after all. Been radio silence all year so far.

DaeronModaen

Sorceror
I've been wondering if the activity here would start up again myself, but as mentioned by others its been quiet, Besides spammers/bots and a couple other things. Makes me wonder if maybe we just need to somehow jump start things here. Personally I think that while the forum is up maybe we should try and utilize it to our best ability.

Vorspire

Knight
Plus ServUO is leaning towards actively discouraging customizations at this point.
That's a ridiculous statement, the community thrives on the fact that people release customized features.

They no longer allow dynamic script changing and whenever you do a change/addition you have to rebuild the server now.
Dynamic script changing?
You mean the redundant "run the shard and it compiles /Scripts" that's been a vestigial part of the project since its inception due to lack of a decent IDE at the time?

It helps to know what you're complaining about otherwise it's like complaining about water being too wet.
You just compile the entire project, it was always this way if you ever wanted to make a core edit.
It's one extra step that's so simple even a script kiddie could do it, anyone who can't accept that should probably reconsider running a shard, we have enough fly-by-night dumpster fires as it is.

JesseTCG

Sorceror
Glad to see your back. I own www.runuoscripts.com, How can I assist. I mainly support RunUo 1.0, but am skilled at what I do. I also have a huge archive of software including former uogateway.com software uncompiled in VB. I hope I can serve again respectfully.

Iain

Sorceror
Slightly late back into the place, but just found out it was back from it's loooong vacation. So.. what's next?
At this point, it appears nothing is next. Ryan teased us all 6 months ago and so far he hasn't come back since then. He posted on December 6th and hasn't been online since December 8th so you can do the math as to what's 'next'.