RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another: How do I run a server thread.

LFFPicard

Sorceror
Right,

I have done this a few times in my past but been out the game for a while. I came back and tried to get up to speed on how to get a server going ie latest versions etc and have conflicting information.

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/runuo-guide-step-by-step-from-scratch-for-beginners.536091/ <--- This thread suggest going to: https://github.com/runuo/runuo/releases/tag/v2.5 And getting RunUO2.5 - There are 32 commits since that release so if this is the right place I need some advise syncing those commits to the download. (I have a github account)
Now. In that thread someone also mentions the latest version is RunUO2.6 and to use google. Well I searched google code and found the official RunUO @ v2.3 - I also found someone had a RunUO ML repository.

Now.. Which file do I use and from where? This is a bit conflicting.. what version is the officially maintained version? Also what client version to use before it switches to UOP files while staying as up to date as possible as this is also a bit conflicting.

Any help would be great as I want to start looking at my ancient shard again and starting with the most up to date releases would help. Note: My shard uses a custom map. I have requested UOP versions of the map from the author but had no answer. So want to stick with the latest client that supports mul files still.

Thanks!

LFFPicard

Sorceror
Righto Thanks.
Do you know how to sync Github with the release so I can use the 32 commits or is that release fine on its own? I did check github help but only found how to upload a repository not sync the online one with my local one.

LFFPicard

Sorceror
Hmmm, I think I will just stick with the 2.5 release.
Now lets see if I can get my custom maps to work again!

Thanks for the help

LFFPicard

Sorceror
I have downloaded the one from the first post which is also 7.0.20, unsure what the difference is with the Patch 59
When I get home I will sort out my RunUO and see if the custom map works.

Edit: In fact, after checking both links it is the same file. So should be fine :)

Dian

Sorceror
Should be no difference. The patch number is just the client version patch, associated with the client version.

Dian

Sorceror
One thing to keep in mind with using custom map.. is the overall size of your map compared to what the map size in MapDefinitions.cs is coded as.

Code:
RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca",        MapRules.FeluccaRules );

New maps are a big bigger than what we traditionally created them as, because they added the Heartwood area and some other places. If you are using the older original map size, change the number 7168 in that line above to 6144. That is what for instance the size Dragon map tool creates a map0.mul as.

Code:
RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 6144, 4096, 4, "Felucca",        MapRules.FeluccaRules );

This is assuming you replaced Felucca facet map.

LFFPicard

Sorceror
Ah, that was my next thing to check. I will have to go back and double check the size, but as it was about 4years ago I am assuming it will be the smaller size.
Dinner first, then some experimentation!