RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone having problems with the old clients patching?

Eteri

Traveler
I'm still looking for a answer to this mystery. If anyone has found a answer to it please let me know. :)

Eteri

Traveler
7.0.10.3 I know I can use the Ultima Online Classic Client download from www.uo.com however I wanted access to the 3D client. Which doesn't come with the Classic Client only with the Mondain's Legacy Client. Hope that helps.

Tarn Blackhail

Sorceror
That is because you took the 8888 out which is the port... however... I am working on a similar issue on my end, and even with the port there, patching does not work, but i do not get your error... i will let you know when i uncover more.

pooka01

Sorceror
Haha, great.
Now they will take care of free servers and shut them down... (not saying they will, just that it's a possibility)
That means that there won't be any new version of ultima online right?

Arrrr

Wanderer
Patching works, but it does not in the way we are used to. It now checks which files needs to be updated instead of downloading every file for every version.
It is now harmful if you want to setup a server in whatever version you want, but i can't blame EA for not wanting to waste bandwidth in updating clients that will only work on free shards.

Dian

Sorceror
Your best bet is to search around the net for the client version you want. There are a lot of places that have specific client versions packaged and ready to go out there. Just be careful where you get them.