RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artwork

Wow this is from last year!

Well, instead of posting a new thread, since I couldn't figure out how to delete this one I'm just editing the first post, since the problem I had from before was solved before anyone even read this...long story..

So. I'm in a bit of a pickle. I have some new clothing items I want to add in-game, and I've got the gumps into the game using empty slots. I've got the items scripted but not in body.def. The reason why is because I can't get MulPatcher to work.

I've literally spent probably 4/5 of my day doing searches looking for an alternative to MulPatcher. Is there any way I can get the numbers I need without it? No matter what I do, it doesn't work.

I have Fiddler. How can I use that to make custom artwork? I've replaced the files I want to replace with that method, but I also have a few extra that I wanted to script using empty slots. They work fine on the ground, and the artwork is in the gumps for them. You can even equip them. The problem is that they don't show up in the paperdoll because I haven't written them into Body.Def yet. I don't know how to do that with Fiddler? Does it give me the numbers I need?

# Format is: <ORIG BODY> {<NEW BODY>} <NEW HUE>

11 {28} 1401
19 {28} 1402
20 {28} 1153
23 {225} 2305
25 {225} 946
27 {225} 947
34 {225} 2301

I need those, but for the custom stuff? ^

Gosh, I had no idea this was hard to explain! I hope you understand! :) And thank you!

m309

Squire
Fiddler does show you those numbers, yea. If you open the animations tab and then look through the "equipment" section the first two sets of numbers are the same numbers as listed in Fiddler for the anims. That may not be exactly what you need though, it depends on what animation slot you loaded the animation in, or whether you're linking it to a pre-existing animation.

In order to get them to show correctly you want to make sure the tiledata is set correctly for the ground/world item arts, which includes the link to the gump and to the animation slot.

m309

Squire
The item ID that the item would appear as when added in game on the ground, or in your backback. That item links to the gump/animimation via the tiledata. That item ID is also whats used in the script in order to make it able to be equipped.

Safera

Page
Not at home, so I can't check this and I've never done this before, but the other .def files can be opened in a simple text editor by hand. I would imagine that the same could be done here.

Safera

Page
Yes, exactly.

When you open it, it will look something like this:
Code:
# Format is: <ORIG BODY> {<NEW BODY>} <NEW HUE>

11 {28} 1401
19 {28} 1402
20 {28} 1153
23 {225} 2305
25 {225} 946
27 {225} 947