RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arya's << Addon Generator >>

Arya's << Addon Generator >>

Arya's << Addon Generator v[3].0.1 >>

RunUO RC1[2.0] Compliant
Many thanks to Arya for this wonderful and helpful custom script.
This is one of the most useful scripts I have ever added to my server, thank you.

Again...I will say this: I have a ton of custom scripts that I have on my shard. When I try to work on a project (that gives me errors) I get a ton of warnings. I noticed the biggest reoccuring warning was coming from addons. I had to go into every addon made by Arya's Generator and fix a line of code. I also d/l other people's addons and find the same problem. So I went in the Addon Generator script and fixed the issue. I'm hoping everyone updates to this one so that these warnings will stop. Thanks.

Note: Now saves hues and names of statics.

P.S. Some of you might think I may have strayed from my projects, or that I have no right fixing other people's errors when I have some of my own. I want to make it clear that these issues were in my way as I was fixing my own scripts, and I am fully aware of my own problems. My scripts will be updated soon. I am getting outside help to free up some of my time, so that I can release everything I am holding back on. Or, should I say too busy to get to.

Attachments

• [2.0]AddonGenerator.cs
    13.6 KB · Views: 388
  • [2.0]Addon2Static.cs
    1.7 KB · Views: 295

Phantom

Knight
Arya has left this community, she doesn't even have Ultima Online installed, I doubt it will be a problem.

Its only when peple are still active, and update their scripts, that people get upset with people trying to repost them.

Because that is wrong, and it won't be allowed.

Phantom

Arya has left this community, she doesn't even have Ultima Online installed, I doubt it will be a problem.

Its only when peple are still active, and update their scripts, that people get upset with people trying to repost them.

Because that is wrong, and it won't be allowed.
Cool, thanks for the report Phantom. It is sometimes embarrasing when U only tweak something and repost it. But, in this case it is important.

Oh and what is: Hephaestu's Forge?

dracana

Sorceror
Thanks!

Thanks Lucid, this is great!

It always annoyed me to have to remember to go into new addons I made and fix those warnings. I was always too lazy to actually fix it in the generator, so now I don't have to :)

Thanks again!

Khephren

Knight
well i havent tried it yet but i noticed something i didnt like about the addon, it seemed to add everything doubled (noticed thats when i addon2static it) and also when i went manually to remove one part of the addon....

i mentionned that earlier but it went down the drain since people without much knowledge like me get ditched often :)

Khephren

well i havent tried it yet but i noticed something i didnt like about the addon, it seemed to add everything doubled (noticed thats when i addon2static it) and also when i went manually to remove one part of the addon....

i mentionned that earlier but it went down the drain since people without much knowledge like me get ditched often :)
Oh. So tell me... is this always been an issue with it? Of did I create the problem?

Or is it an adddon2static issue? hum....

I did some testing and here is what I found....

The Addon2Static doesn't save the Hues, so it is not the AddonGen causing the issues. And I found in some cases there where double pieces in an addon but that was caused from the person who made the addon. I will try and come up with a fix for the Addon2Static. Thanks for the report.

Khephren

Knight
the fix for the hue saving was fixed in the addon2static if i remember... i havent touched runuo in like about 4 months now.... but its just a line of code to add, if you check back in the topic of addon2static i believe the info is there, or was it addongen.... well it was just one line

my only left prob concerning that was the doubling of items :) but since i dont mess around scripts anymore, havent been to that.

EDIT: hehe sorry about repeating myself, i just saw that you fixed the hue issue.... good job... could you let me know via PM if you ever come up with the doubling static fix? thanx again

Khephren

EDIT: hehe sorry about repeating myself, i just saw that you fixed the hue issue.... good job... could you let me know via PM if you ever come up with the doubling static fix? thanx again
I tested both the addongen and addon2static scripts and this is what I found: If a person adds two statics on top of each other and uses the addongen than it is going to double the static for the addon too. So from what I've seen there isn't an issue with the scripts. If I am wrong please correct me and I will look into it further.

the fix for the hue saving was fixed in the addon2static if i remember... i havent touched runuo in like about 4 months now.... but its just a line of code to add, if you check back in the topic of addon2static i believe the info is there, or was it addongen.... well it was just one line
You know....I haven't even read the thread for either script. I just noticed an issue with addongen and fixed it. Then someone reported to me about the issue with addon2static. But thanks for the info I appreciate it.

Doubling of Statics Issue

OK I did a quick test. First I created a one static item addon with addongen. And looked at the script it generated:
Code:
[SIZE=2][ Constructable ]
public PaperScreenFacingEastAddon()
{
AddonComponent ac;
ac = new AddonComponent( 9419 );
ac.Hue = 749;
AddComponent( ac, 0, 0, 0 );
}
[/SIZE]

It only created one static like it was supposed to. I then added the addon in the game and used addon2static on it. When I checked the static there was only one of them. So the only thing I can think of is the people who create the addon have multiple statics in one spot do to their error, and there is no real way to fix that other than going in and deleting those lines when someone submits such a script.

Ok I think I am doing something wrong here. I made a few addon's and part of the addon is missing when I place it in server. Any help with that?

xX_Devious_Xx

Ok I think I am doing something wrong here. I made a few addon's and part of the addon is missing when I place it in server. Any help with that?
Can you get more descriptive with your problem. Or maybe send me the script and errors. THX :)

There is no errors like i made a sectional couch and part of the couch is missing. heres the script:

Code:
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
//                                             //
// Automatically generated by the              //
// AddonGenerator script by Arya               //
//                                             //
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
using System;
using Server;
using Server.Items;

namespace Server.Items
{
	public class SectionalSouthwestAddon : BaseAddon
	{
		public override BaseAddonDeed Deed
		{
			get
			{
				return new SectionalSouthwestAddonDeed();
			}
		}

[ Constructable ]
		public SectionalSouthwestAddon()
		{
			AddonComponent ac;
			ac = new AddonComponent( 1801 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, -2, -1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, -2, -2, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, -1, -2, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 0, -2, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 1, -2, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 2, -2, 0 );
			ac = new AddonComponent( 15871 );
			ac.Hue = 1157;
			AddComponent( ac, -1, -1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 1157;
			AddComponent( ac, 0, -1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 1157;
			AddComponent( ac, 1, -1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 1157;
			AddComponent( ac, 2, -1, 0 );
			ac = new AddonComponent( 5029 );
			ac.Hue = 1157;
			AddComponent( ac, 0, -2, 5 );
			ac.Hue = 1157;
			AddComponent( ac, 1, -2, 5 );
			ac = new AddonComponent( 5690 );
			ac.Hue = 1157;
			AddComponent( ac, -2, -1, 5 );
			ac.Hue = 1157;
			AddComponent( ac, -1, -2, 5 );
			ac = new AddonComponent( 2327 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 2, 2, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, -2, 0, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, -1, -1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 0, -1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 1, -1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 2, -1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, -1, 1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 0, 1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 1, 1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 2, 1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, -1, 0, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 0, 0, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 1, 0, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 2, 0, 0 );
			ac = new AddonComponent( 15872 );
			ac.Hue = 1157;
			AddComponent( ac, 2, 0, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 1157;
			AddComponent( ac, 2, 1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 1157;
			AddComponent( ac, 2, 2, 0 );
			ac = new AddonComponent( 5690 );
			ac.Hue = 1157;
			AddComponent( ac, 2, -2, 5 );
			ac = new AddonComponent( 2328 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, -2, 1, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 1, 2, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, 0, 2, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, -1, 2, 0 );
			ac.Hue = 2389;
			AddComponent( ac, -2, 2, 0 );

}

public SectionalSouthwestAddon( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
		{
		}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
		{
			base.Serialize( writer );
			writer.Write( 0 ); // Version
		}

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
		{
			base.Deserialize( reader );
			int version = reader.ReadInt();
		}
	}

public class SectionalSouthwestAddonDeed : BaseAddonDeed
	{
		public override BaseAddon Addon
		{
			get
			{
				return new SectionalSouthwestAddon();
			}
		}

[Constructable]
		public SectionalSouthwestAddonDeed()
		{
			Name = "SectionalSouthwest";
		}

public SectionalSouthwestAddonDeed( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
		{
		}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
		{
			base.Serialize( writer );
			writer.Write( 0 ); // Version
		}

public override void	Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
		{
			base.Deserialize( reader );
			int version = reader.ReadInt();
		}
	}
}

Lucid I think I found what I did wrong. I made the bounding box for it right on the corners of the addon. So I dont think I click in the right place for one side and thats the side that got cutoff in the addon when added to the server. I made another this morning and I am gonna try it out when I get home from work. Thx for the help though. I myself and my staff love this thing. They making addon's like crazy and we even came up with something that I myself or them hasnt seen on any other servers :D . Gonna be fun. Thank You again for re-releasing this.

Sunshine

Wanderer
Will this addon gen keep the names of items if you rename them before you use the generator? IE: blood redyed and named water will it remain when you create and place the addon?

milva

Sorceror
This addongen script is wonderful, for some reason I never had any warnings. Now does it matter if this script replaces the old one? And is this the same as the addon2static script. Just wondering if it really matters which one should be used to replace. Nice to see the hues in it will now hold, to bad the re-names would not also.

Attention:

Updated!!!
As requested.........I have fixed the AddonGen so that it saves the names of statics too. Please inform me of any issues that you might have. Thanks.