RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.x] Automated Donation Module [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorspire

Knight
Vorspire submitted a new resource:

Automated Donation Module (version 1.0.0.0) - A secure, automated payment and reward delivery module for Vita-Nex: Core

Vita-Nex: Core - Automated Donations Module
-
The Automated Donations Module allows you to securely receive and process donations via PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN) automatically.

-
Summary:

When a player decides to donate, they simply fill in a form on your web-page and supply their account name along with the amount they wish to donate.
When their payment is successful, the transaction information is saved to a MySQL database, which is then processed by the Automated Donation...

Read more about this resource...

Vorspire

Knight
Used by over 10 shards during the past 2 years! No complaints yet!

Setting up using ODBC can be a daunting task, but I'm happy to help - live support is available for this module at no extra cost at
http://core.vita-nex.com

Pyro-Tech

Knight
is there any screenshots avalible of this in action? Website and in-game.

I spent money on a shopping cart system for my CMS and planned on doing this sort of thing manually....so would like to see how it looks before spending money on something to automate the process. :L

Vorspire

Knight
is there any screenshots avalible of this in action? Website and in-game.

I spent money on a shopping cart system for my CMS and planned on doing this sort of thing manually....so would like to see how it looks before spending money on something to automate the process. :L

I don't have screenshots, for security purposes - other than the in-game gumps, I can't screenshot the database :p

However, I can point you to a couple of sites that have it installed and working currently - I know there are others but they have not disclosed a website.

Most recent happy customer: http://www.ninthvirtue.com/Donation.html
And for the past 2 years, on Pandora: http://pandorauo.com/portal/#donate

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Yeah, thus me asking for how it looked on the website end and gumps (if any) in-game . I'm thinking about it. As for right now I'm using smf forum with the smf store plug-in. I have to do "delivery" manually but we only have a handful of players right now so it's no biggie.

How hard is it to hook the command into a database you think?

Vorspire

Knight
This donation system is design to convert real money into a virtual currency, making the need for a store or catalogue redundant.
The virtual currency is represented by a specific in-game item that you can code vendors to accept the currency for goods - or use a vendor stone, etc.
The system securely processes PayPal payments and manages a MySQL database for storing transactions and communicating with RunUO.

Unfortunately, this makes it incompatible with the SMF store.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Yeah, i thought about that after I posted it lol.

I'll get back to you on this. I looked on your vita-nex website, couldn't really find what the system itself really adds (the core). Though that's not really a topic to cover here.

fwiffo

Sorceror
I have a personal program (not yours) for the donations made by users for the server I have.

I'm writing to you just to suggest a mod if you haven't already done something similar:

- What will happen if the user retrieved the prize and the server for whatever reason crashes/reboots (automatic updates) without saving before? Is there a way to let users recover the state of the transaction and retrieve the due prize?

This is the only suggestion I have :)

Vorspire

Knight
In the event of a crash, with proper world save backup structure in place, VNc should perform a complete save of all services and modules when a world save is triggered.
VNc services and modules are saved independently from the main world saves in the {root}/VitaNexCore/Saves folder, this means that they will always reflect the most recent save for your shard.
If the world doesn't save before rebooting, then VitaNexCore will not perform a save either, so depending on the backup saves that you restore, VNc will always remain in sync with RunUO.

The Automated Donation Module only syncs with MySQL upon world load/save and not during a crash, the database will remain in sync with the saves that way.

TL, DR; This isn't an issue that we have to be concerned with :)

Selfish advertising statement coming up... ;)

This is still the only fully secure, fully featured automated payment gateway system available.
This system is guaranteed to be in-line with coding standards and makes all attempts to keep your data secure while preventing malicious attempts to submit false data, ensuring that your player's can't cheat and get rewards for free.

The web-based IPN is in-line with PayPal standards and conforms to HTTP 1.1 specifications as required by the latest PayPal Instant Payment Notification service. It supports most, if not all types of transactions and can detect and filter malicious attempts to falsify data.

I'm so confident in it's stability and security that I am happy to sell this system at a reasonable cost, I will always offer free support if needed.

The module is released under the MIT license, which grants customers the right to redistribute it for a fee, as they see fit, so long as the license terms are met and the copyright notices are left intact.
Should someone wish to pay for and download this module and subsequently offer it for a lesser price on their site, then rights to support of the system from myself are automatically waived and the burden of support falls on the distributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.