RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beware Of joinuo

Vorspire

Knight
Ad-block doesn't work on it because it's not actually an advert, it's a link with an image that is a banner.

Know the facts before you attack people.

People need to be made aware of deception like this because it's harmful to the community, if you don't like the fact that this post was made, tough, get over it and shut up.

tindo

Sorceror
If he bought it then it's not your concern and if you don't like the site any longer stop using it no one cares you don't need to go on a forum crusade over it because your upset over a little new product placement feel free to use ad-block on it to your liking get over it and shut up.

Your ignorance is showing. Please tuck it back in.

If he bought it then it's not your concern and if you don't like the site any longer stop using it no one cares you don't need to go on a forum crusade over it because your upset over a little new product placement feel free to use ad-block on it to your liking get over it and shut up.

If you read the post and looked at the images, you would know this had nothing to do with the advertising. Put your special helmet back on to prevent further damage to the brain. Ty. Have a nice day!

Vladamir

Sorceror
Its a website. You don't like it anymore. Don't use it. It really doesn't require this much attention. I did about fifteen seconds of google searching and found that you have a hugely negative history involving these people Mephisto, acting on personal vendettas and skewing the "facts" to be in your favor on a forum in which they can't even defend themselves sounds very silly and lame.

Someone else owns JoinUO now, personally I don't use it and never have - but its their site. They can put up a picture of a monkey fucking a coconut for all I care. This is the last I will say on this topic as it is over run with silliness.
--------
Also, for someone who cares so much about the community you sure seem pretty active in a negative sense mephisto. How many shards have you spammed, threatened and slandered?

Its a website. You don't like it anymore. Don't use it. It really doesn't require this much attention. I did about fifteen seconds of google searching and found that you have a hugely negative history involving these people Mephisto, acting on personal vendettas and skewing the "facts" to be in your favor on a forum in which they can't even defend themselves sounds very silly and lame.

Someone else owns JoinUO now, personally I don't use it and never have - but its their site. They can put up a picture of a monkey fucking a coconut for all I care. This is the last I will say on this topic as it is over run with silliness.
--------
Also, for someone who cares so much about the community you sure seem pretty active in a negative sense mephisto. How many shards have you spammed, threatened and slandered?

Did I start this thread? You didn't have to Google shit because you and I have a bad past history. Don't come in this thread trying to make it any different.

Vladamir

Sorceror
Did I start this thread? You didn't have to Google shit because you and I have a bad past history. Don't come in this thread trying to make it any different.

We have never even spoken. Do tell what is our personal history? Look at the way you speak man...
http://www.eternaluo.com/threads/10-29-13-blarg.242/#post-596

Are you crazy?

You portray yourself as someone who has community interests at heart, in turn you are really just using us as a weapon against people you don't like personally. Grow a brain.

No facts were skewed.. pictures proved that.. that were not even posted by me, they were originally caught by a shard owner. I looked further into it and found other proof. You know of things I did in the past? good for you... you have no idea what I've done since.. big fucking deal. Change anymore shard paypal addresses to your own lately???

Vladamir

Sorceror
No facts were skewed.. pictures proved that.. that were not even posted by me, they were originally caught by a shard owner. I looked further into it and found other proof. You know of things I did in the past? good for you... you have no idea what I've done since.. big fucking deal. Change anymore shard paypal addresses to your own lately???

... What are you even talking about? Making up random stuff is cool...

Vladamir

Sorceror
I guess you can't read. You remember our past well... go lie elsewhere.

But I have never spoken with you. Aside from this conversation I'd love to see some hard evidence that we have ever crossed paths. You just made up some random crap - All of your credibility has exited stage left.

FahQ

Traveler
doc has helped me tremendously on eternal uo! with out him I would have been totally screwed. He also has never asked for nor accepted any money. He's never caused any problems for us and only offered FREE help.

knowom

Sorceror
I've had no issues with the community over at Joinuo and regardless of who owns the site now or how they go about setting up the voting on it it's their site at the end of the day they purchased and they can do what they please with it. If they want a big banner with care bears front and center I could care less they are free to do as they please with it and no they don't owe it to you to do what you or others think and feel is in the best interest of the community it's their property go build your own web page or be quiet.

knowom

Sorceror
If you read the post and looked at the images, you would know this had nothing to do with the advertising. Put your special helmet back on to prevent further damage to the brain. Ty. Have a nice day!
Derrick have bought you a box of Kleenex and tampons if only he'd known you'd be so upset and hormonal over the new owner managing the website they bought and paid for the way they damn well please.

FahQ

Traveler
the issue is that it used to be a "reputable" top list, where one could get true information on what sites were actually popular with players. this is obviously no longer the case. I'm glad so many of you can over look the facts .. lmao

The thread wasn't about who owned it or that they put advertising on it. I could care less about that. Neither did I create the thread. The issue was that the person that bought it added a ton of votes to their shards to put them at the top of the list, deleted threads about it after being caught etc. You should read before you post. My past on UO is there. I will cause problems if a shard lists pvp in fel, i go red killing people, don't even loot them, dont res kill and get banned because they are donators. THAT is BS and on a few shards I have raised hell. I've also given people tons of things and helped a lot of people. It is part of the game. Not everyone sits at the bank donating 1200$, still getting killed and opening tickets crying about it.

Back on topic. The thread was about someone buying a major toplist and addind thousands of votes to their shards and editing others. If you can't understand the problem there... no bother even trying to get you to comprehend.

And yeah I have a past with the supposed new owner. That doesn't change a thing. I'd still be pissed if Buddy Christ owned the site and was adding to his shards and removing from others.

Vorspire

Knight
In effect, it's not dissimilar from Microsoft buying out Skype, then filling it full of trash ads and breaking most of the working features.

When Derrick owned JoinUO, it was reputable, it felt more like it was part of the community, but now that is has changed hands, it's been privatized and the community has lost any say in how it works, which ultimately affects us all, but mainly shard owners who use the service are being dealt an injustice.

I know the new owner of JoinUO, have him on Skype, but I think he's ignoring me, which to me, is a sign of guilt.
Doesn't it piss anyone else off that someone could be using a previously reputable service to further their own personal goals while casting aside the community that has supported it for so long?

BTW, Mephisto, Vladamir, it's pointless arguing/flaming each-other about it, we all have things in our past that we are not particularly proud of, for example, there was times when I was outright arrogant and acted like a dick on these very forums, you could probably even dig up some incriminating evidence to support that too, 12k posts, there has to be one, lol... but that doesn't mean we can't grow as people and learn to be humble, right? Chill, we're all on the same team here.