RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Body.def / mobtypes.txt & Equipconv.def problems

Miburec

Traveler
I'm not entirely sure, if this is the right subforum to ask, but since it's about custom artwork (to a certain degree), i think, it's allright. If not - please move :)

I'm running into some problems with my added entries in Body.def and equipconv.def.
I'm trying to add new bodys for custom races (all either human or elf bodies) so I can make use of the equipconv.def to display armor differently depending on what race equips it.

About the equipconf.def problem:

Everything works as intendet, the armor is displayed as i want it to - at least the animations.
The paperdoll in fact doesn't change at all. Closing and reopening the paperdoll doesn't solve the problem.
Weird thing though: The first test run was with the body 744/745 (Vampiric Embrace). While it didn't work the first day, it actually DID work the day after, the paperdoll changed alongside the animation, if i switched from body 400 to 744. But using the newly added body screwed it up again - the paperdoll doesn't change anymore, with neither body.

Code:
#1000    527    944    50497    0    #    M plate chest -> necklace
1000    528    556    50556    0    #    M plate arms -> bone arms
1000    530    943    50943    997    #    M plate gloves -> woodland belt
1000    531    468    50468    997    #    M plate gorget -> cloak
1000    529    543    50543    0    #    M plate legs -> leather pants
1000    563    414    50414    0    #    M plate helm -> bear mask

Also, although i added a hue to some pieces, it doesn't change the hue at all. My guess is that because those pieces are armor which get their hue from the resource they're made of, the hue is overridden by the resource hue (0 in this case for iron)

About the body.def problem:

As stated above, i added new human bodies via body.def...
Code:
1000 {400} 0 # human male
1001 {401} 0 # human female
1002 {605} 0 # elf male
1003 {606} 0 #  elf female

... and declared them in the mobtypes.txt

Code:
1000    HUMAN    20000
1001    HUMAN    20000
1002    HUMAN    20000
1003    HUMAN    20000

I don't have any clue about what the flags value means, i just copied it from the original body entries for humans/elves (but changing them didn't solve the problem).

Using these bodies in the game works... well... almost as intended.
Ingame, the bodies are displayed correctly as animations. But they don't have a paperdoll, nor do footstep sounds play as they walk. They're acting as if they were common animals/monsters after all.
As I said, I tried changing the flag value to anything i could find in the mobtypes.txt, but to no avail.
I have a faint feeling that I have to add them in the body.cs script, but I hope not, since I'd prefer to make this without any script changes.

So, if anyone can give me a hint what I did wrong, it would be much appreciated :)

StaticZ

Sorceror
As I remember - body values are also declared\reading by runuo, so i think you don't get paperdroll because you server don't know that you whant to see it for some custom animations. (see -0x88 Packet)