RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can not drop items

haazen

Sorceror
I upgraded from SVN987 to SVN1083. Upgrading a Ten year old shard is not real easy. I got 6369 item and 1486 mobile scripts working. And all the other support scripts. I have one issue that evades me.

Client is 7.0.35.1. Both server and login client.

I have an account that has two characters. I log in one character and it works fine. Logout and login in the other character. When I try to pickup an item and drop it either on the ground or in backpack, it goes invisible. It is stuck in the characters hand. Teleporting to another facet put it all back. After this you can usually now drop at least the items you tried to drop. Logout and back in on this character most times works. Then if you don't log out you stay fixed. But it can come back possibly on next login. Also the issue can switch between my two characters.

Things I believe I can rule out are Razor, client differences, account differences. The only difference would be the PlayerMobile of the character. BUT.

If it comes and goes, it seems the problem is picked up at login. Sometimes you catch a bug. Sometime you don't.

Any ideas which scripts to scour, please suggest. It has been so many years since I had a bug I could not locate.

Thanks for reading.

haazen

Sorceror
More testing.

I loaded a clean compiled svn1083 server. The only file I changed was \Scripts\Misc\DataPath.cs and set client path to my Client7-0-35-1.
I ran the server first time and created Owner account. Logged in with latest Razor pointed to same client path.
Created Owner character.
First thing I did was drop my robe on the ground and it went invis. Had to jump to a different facet. Robe was back. And the drop problem stays away until next log on.

So with lastest Razor, Win7 patched this morning, Clean server load, Client7-0-35-1, Where to test next??
Same issue as my server running Win Server 2008.
Has anyone had this issue or can duplicate this problem??

If this issue is just me, can you suggest a script for me to write that does what jumping facets does to the character but leaves toon in place??

Thanks for reading. I do hope this issue is not just me.

milva

Sorceror
Very strange as it still sounds like a razor issue, my only thoughts would be to check again the top of razor and the middle (uo directory) just to be sure both are pointing to your client.

haazen

Sorceror
Thank you so much for responding.
I did more tests. It seems to be an issue with Client 7-0-35-1 here is why I think this now.

Client 7-0-35-1 server and 7-0-35-1 on PC can not drop until after a facet jump
Client 7-0-35-1 server and 7-0-33-0 on PC all works fine.

Client 7-0-33-0 server and 7-0-35-1 on PC can not drop until after a facet jump
Client 7-0-33-0 server and 7-0-33-0 on PC all works fine.

I also made 2 hot keys in Razor
one to Drop What You Are Currently Holding &
one to Resynchronize Client

Resync will show the robe you tried to drop on the ground back on your toon. Drop again and it disappears again.
Resync does not show the sword you pulled from pack and tried to equip it. You have to jump facet to see these items again.
Drop says You Are Not Holding Anything.

In any case, players have to jump facet to be able to pick stuff up and drop it.

You were thinking Razor. It may be Razor not playing nice with Client 7-0-35 and up BUT we are not talking just the latest version of Razor. I have hundreds of players log on daily and can't believe they all have latest Razor. ;)

Have searched hours but just can't see what happens on the server when you jump facets. Thinking of making a command to reset yourself as if you did a facet jump.

Thanks again for reading and responding.