RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cannot connect into runuo

kegsisback

Sorceror
So I apologize if this has been answered a million times. I have tried searches but it seems that im not catching any decent keywords? Anyway, I have been away from Ultima for the better part of 13 years, but my son is getting to gaming age, and i thought hosting a private server for the two of us could be fun. The trouble is, I cannot even connect to runuo from client on the same machine using the admin account info?!

both my runuo and client are unmodified at this point. i downloaded, decompressed, patched, set up the admin account info, and im getting nothing... i type info in and "we were unable to authinticate" osi gump..... ive tried changing the login.cfg file to 127.0.0.1,2593 and same thing... i reset this file afterward, downloaded razor and tried to connect through that same IP, and again.....

could windows 10 be blocking me somehow? am i missing something small and stupid? like i said, it has been a LONG time.

HangWithWang

Wanderer
Hi there, do you see on the server console, an attempt to connect? from the way you described it doesnt sound likely, as im running windows 10, ive had no problems connecting, are you direct connect or behind a router? if behind a router does the IP assigned to your computer give you the same issues when you try to connect?

If all else fails, add an exception in the machines firewall for runuo.

and since i may not see this quickly, if the above does not work do you have a virus protection such as norton/mcafee etc, if so they maybe blocking the connection so add exceptions as well to those services.

Djeryv

Sorceror
I think if you are trying to patch UO to the latest LIVE version...and run RunUO...you are going to have alot of trouble or just have an impossible task altogether. Sometimes people get their newer enhanced client and try to use that, but I think they old 2D client still works with RunUO.

Since you wanted to run a private server for you and your son, the option below is something that may interest you...

kegsisback

Sorceror
Hi there, do you see on the server console, an attempt to connect? from the way you described it doesnt sound likely, as im running windows 10, ive had no problems connecting, are you direct connect or behind a router? if behind a router does the IP assigned to your computer give you the same issues when you try to connect?

If all else fails, add an exception in the machines firewall for runuo.

and since i may not see this quickly, if the above does not work do you have a virus protection such as norton/mcafee etc, if so they maybe blocking the connection so add exceptions as well to those services.

update:

Firewall exemption was made public AND private. Exemption was made on virus protection as well. Still cannot connect, and no sign of trying on server side.
I also tried the IP from whatsmyip.com and got the same result as the pictures below.

Last edited:

kegsisback

Sorceror

Last edited:

HangWithWang

Wanderer
What version of razor is that

runuo 2.2 I don’t believe supports the newest client patch runuo 2.6 does though but you should still see a quick connect then immediate disconnect on server console if it was a patch issue

download the lastest version of razor give it a try I suspect that is where your issue is

Last edited:

HangWithWang

Wanderer
Did you download that from uorazor.com? They are only on 1.0.14.9 but either way the runuo isn’t an immediate issue it’s not stopping your connection attempt yet but it will if you are using the newest client update but either way I’d go to uorazor and download that version and try it

HangWithWang

Wanderer
Go to uorazor.com and download that razor as I suspected it’s the razor your are using I got the exact same error using it but works fine with the razor I suggested

kegsisback

Sorceror
i tried exactly there and it would not respond... HOWEVER i did a search for that edition of razor, Found it, downloaded, and im in the game!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

MadeInQuebec

Staff member
In case some people didn't know, Razor is still being maintained and updated by the current staff of Demise.

Demise used to be RunUO ran, but as of "insert a number of years/month" they have been handling the server and Razor indepedently.

To get the latest version, that's the place to go

May be important to note that since it's being maintained primarily with Demise as a reference, fixes and changes may be biased toward the needs for that shard, but that's just me talkin' outta my ass, in truth, I have no clue, just a logical assumption.