RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cat's Jail system

Asmodaeus

Wanderer
Well, I have been trying to use the [killjail command ever since I put the scripts in. I keep getting this error on the game screen:

Kill jailing failed: System.FormatException:
Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s,
NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)

at
Server.Scripts.Commands.JailSystem.KillJail_
OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)

I renamed the script itself to JailSystem.cs, but I didnt alter the public class.

Cat

Wanderer
my guess is you arent passing the ID of the jailing you wish to kill.

the killjail command takes a param of the jailings id to kill.

this command has in effect been replaced by cycling through the jailings in the adminjail gump. Jailings with bad accounts are automaticly removed this way.

Asmodaeus

Wanderer
Cat said:
my guess is you arent passing the ID of the jailing you wish to kill.

the killjail command takes a param of the jailings id to kill.

this command has in effect been replaced by cycling through the jailings in the adminjail gump. Jailings with bad accounts are automaticly removed this way.

Oh, perhaps I misunderstood what the killjail's purpose was. I was under the impression that it kicked all current peeps out of jail. I am having that issue with players logging out while they are in jail, returning to find themselves still in jail already passed thier stated release. When we go to [unjail or [release them, the system thinks that they are already released, so the commands used to take them out of jail fail.
There is STILL a player listed as "in jail" in the adminjail gump, and keeps placing that character in jail everytime they log in. We gate them out, pull them out, and they still appear in jail everytime they relog...
Is there a way to FORCE the system to release that account from jail? I thought that [killjail did that?
Please remember that I have not altered the script in any way, and I have your latest version installed right now. :)
-Thanks Cat :eek:

Cat

Wanderer
Asmodaeus said:
Oh, perhaps I misunderstood what the killjail's purpose was. I was under the impression that it kicked all current peeps out of jail. I am having that issue with players logging out while they are in jail, returning to find themselves still in jail already passed thier stated release. When we go to [unjail or [release them, the system thinks that they are already released, so the commands used to take them out of jail fail.
There is STILL a player listed as "in jail" in the adminjail gump, and keeps placing that character in jail everytime they log in. We gate them out, pull them out, and they still appear in jail everytime they relog...
Is there a way to FORCE the system to release that account from jail? I thought that [killjail did that?
Please remember that I have not altered the script in any way, and I have your latest version installed right now. :)
-Thanks Cat :eek:

Check to make sure your jail region is properly defined in scripts\regions\jail.cs and in your regions.xml

Post a screenshot of the adminjail gump showing one such account.

Are you on your admin account when you release them?

are you using killjail as part of the release process?

Asmodaeus

Wanderer
Cat said:
Check to make sure your jail region is properly defined in scripts\regions\jail.cs and in your regions.xml

Post a screenshot of the adminjail gump showing one such account.

Are you on your admin account when you release them?

are you using killjail as part of the release process?

•I would have to upload the screenshot from a website, so I will get on that.
•The jail regions are correct.
•Yes, I am using my admin account when doing all of this, hehe
•Yes, I used the [killjail command as an attempt to clear the current jailings that have these accounts listed as "Released, but still has characters in jail on this account".

Pic of the actual gump, with the actual problem:

Please take note of how long ago this was, and how this player CANNOT log in without being placed in jail... :(

C

cscroop

You have totally misunderstood what the message means. The message "Released but still has characters in jail... " means that they logged out in jail, and are therefore still there. The jail system is built to check for release when the person logs in. Therefore anyone that has logged out in jail, once their release time has passed, will show on your adminjail gump with that message until they next log on.

However, by using killjail on them, you are removing the flags on the account that would cause the person to be released on log in, this causes them to become stuck in jail.

The correct procedure, when you get the above message on an account, is to do nothing. The account will be bounced out at next log in. I have my staff check on those accounts and ban them after a certain length of time passes, since many newbies log in, find out they can't curse, and never come back. I then regularly delete banned accounts.

This system works great, and I highly recommend it.

Asmodaeus

Wanderer
Well, the things is, these accounts reflected the "been released but still in jail" stuff after they had logged out and come back in without me even using the [killjail command. This is my problem, hehe. They are still stick in jail... but I see what you are getting at. I have deleted that saves for the jailings, and I am going to reinsert and start over. We'll see :)
You ban accounts that don't log back in? Ruthless! lol!

Asmodaeus

Wanderer
I'm starting to think that I am the only one with these problems, lol!
Situation:
•Players get jailed.
•They log out before thier jailtime expires and do not log back in until after thier jail sentence has already expired.
•They are stuck in jail forever until a staff member pulls them out. [Unjail & [Release does not work after the player's jailtime has expired.

Check the link that I provided above to see what I am seeing :D
Thanks peeps!

Cat

Wanderer
The good news is I've been able to reproduce this when more then one character is jailed.

So, Im looking into this.

McClintock

Wanderer
caging

I think this is a great script! Thank you for making it. I just have one question, how do you uncage a player? The only way that I have found to do this is to move them out then wipe the cage.

Asmodaeus

Wanderer
McClintock said:
I think this is a great script! Thank you for making it. I just have one question, how do you uncage a player? The only way that I have found to do this is to move them out then wipe the cage.

All I do is [delete the cage around them. I target the Southeastern-most part of it :)

McClintock

Wanderer
Asmodaeus said:
All I do is [delete the cage around them. I target the Southeastern-most part of it :)

Thank you. I tried deleting as well, but i must have been trying to delete the wrong tile. It would say that the item had been removed, but I could see anything that actually had been removed. Oh well, it works when i delete that corner, so i wont worry about it. Thanks for the help!

my only problem is no mater what i do to my fastwalk.cs script i cannot get it to stop spamming my screen on everyone other then staff, i even changed to to not detect anyone higher then player, and it still does, I had never had this porbnlem until i put in this script is there anything i can do or go without jail script?

Am I missing something or does the profanity filter do anything for chat/message system profanity? It appears to only filter in-game speech text entry.

Atheena

Wanderer
It only filters the in game stuff.... so players can curse privately to one another... but not in front of people who may be too young etc.

Atheena said:
It only filters the in game stuff.... so players can curse privately to one another... but not in front of people who may be too young etc.
Well it would be really handy to have a jailer that would jail chat system profanity users. Like if you could have an option to choose the command that it would search the text entry for since there could be many commands that initiate a chat system, ie. if your chat system was initiated using [ooc then you could enter that command in the jail system gump and it would filter for profanity everything after that command.

P.S. I'm talking about global chat systems everyone can see, not private ones.

Thorax

Wanderer
Great script. i love this script. two things that dont work for me tho are the predefined jailterms in the ooc list and the language settings. i am unable to remove them or change them. I get two different errors when i try to remove the predefined times it either tells me "jail term not listed", or "unable to remove jail term. bad D.H.M". same thing happens when i try to add jail terms. how do i go about fixing this?

Igon

Wanderer
Is there a way to change the way it checks parts of a word for profanity or ooc. What i mean is, if ass is in your profanity list and someone types class, they go to jail. I can see the use of the partial word match but we woulld like to have the option to use exact match.

Has anybody come across this too, and if so what was the solution?