RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CED+ 7.7 not launching fully.

StaticZ

Sorceror
Is OpenGL 1.4 capable enough? That's the max that that system can get to. However, I am also trying with another system that has a MUCH more powerful video card (remote connection) and this one is having some issues as well.

I installed the latest Intel HD3150 drivers and I still have the same results as the last image I posted.

It's like it's working... but it's not completely working.
Friendly speaking power is not absolute. For example "Intel HD3000" is very powerful video for notebooks, it supports OpenGL 4.0, but don't support versions from 1.1 to 3.0. Also opengl has tons of extansions that can be support or not by video chip. So it's not so easy to say is one video system OK or not. Thow as far as I remember it doesn't required specidfied verison, and its nice work on my laptop with HD3000 ))

Dropping my size to 768x512 causes cedserver to instantly crash. So I moved back to 896x512
Don't try - look at wiki - I wrote there what falgs and map sizes in each client version, also as there data sizes. So you can "detect" valid map dimensions by its size..

So this is the crash I get after a while of displaying the messed up tiles (I tried to move the viewing area just once). The system has 4GB of rmemory so I am not sure why it would say out of memory. Task manager shot included also.
This problem isn't related to your RAM size, this error says that ither application tried to get access to unallocated memmory (application logic error - for example we try to read 0x8000 land tiles in array that was created to store up to 0x4000 tiles) ither it can't allocate memmory (for example throw your messeg goes that it try to allocate 1 GB (16384x16384x4) and x86 application has limitation of 2 GB RAM. Also application use virtual memmory, so it has no any difference beetwen system with 1GB and 64GB, difference is only in speed).

This problem commonly can be related with bad *.mul data format. If you whant send me you mul files that required for server and client - I will take look on this more carefully.

LCOA

Sorceror
Ok, so there were some things that were missed.

I needed to have the 7.0.23.1 client files, as well as my map format needed to be 0x000C in the cedserver.xml file. Everything seems to be working now.

Thanks goes out to everyone who helped me along the way with this. This was an interesting process.

StaticZ

Sorceror
more correct to say that you had very strange mul files that ither where not correct saved\converted ither damaged. As you dont modify them - the easy way to replace them from last original client, that use muls (i.e. 7.0.23.1).