RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CentrED

Icescythe

Traveler
Hello! I seem to be having problems with CentRED... See, the issue is that it disappears and won't come up or remotely appear as an application. Uninstalled it, deleted all the extra files, and it still will not work. Anyone have suggestions?

Safera

Page
If you run it from the command line, it will stay up (instead of disappearing) so that you can actually read what the problem is.

ESKYMAK

Sorceror
If you CentrED client dissappear after login, just delete file CentrED.XML in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\CentrED. Nextime it will work properly. :)

Is someone experiencing crashing of cedserver 6.0.3 with Access Violatiton (blah blah blah)? Its crashing sometimes when someone is connecting or disconnecting, on large scale commands, moving view over map including jumping on another client possition or just while editing. Its anoying and noone know why its crashing. :-/ Running under linux.

Would be nice to find new developer for CentrED, because there is still lot of bugs in server and mostly in client.

Goolsby138

Wanderer
Hey I'm kinda new at this, but I keep getting an error that says my password is incorrect when I log into centred 6.3. I set the xml up with a new password and I enter it in correctly.

m309

Squire
I'm pretty sure the password is hashed in the xml, so you can't just edit it. Your best bet is to just delete the xml, restart the server, and re-enter your info into the console.

Sythen

Sorceror
Not Sure about client version and yes... The versioning of RunUO is skewed anyways given the forks that are out and really don't make any difference. RunUO 2.3 is still the same as RunUO 2.5 with subtle changes here and there depending on who's fork you're using. CentrED does not rely on the RunUO SVN to work and therefore the versioning doesn't matter.

One could assume that because the maps in the newer clients are now .uop that CentrED probably does not register them; the exception might be CentrED Plus, but it's really buggy and the developer seems unwilling to refine it; I've talked to the original developer of the original CentrED and he is too busy with other projects. So until someone comes out with a refined version my suggestion is to use this program, but flush/save often 'cause it crashes a lot; especially the plus version.

m309

Squire
Not sure what you're doing with CED+, Sythen, but I've been using it for almost a year and I don't ever have crashes - and thats with a custom map size even.

ESKYMAK

Sorceror
Hello, you have two options:
1) Shutdown cedserver and swap the map and static files
2) (recomended) Run one cedserver instance for each map you need to edit. Each in its own directory.

StaticZ

Sorceror
for CED+ can be used one apllication in same folder with different configs file, fnaly if make BAT file it will looks like:

Code:
START cedserver.exe "map0.xml"
START cedserver.exe "map1.xml"
START cedserver.exe "map2.xml"

where "map0.xml" is xml config name, if no one is specified "cedserver.xml" is load by default.

john burns

Sorceror
Damn, forgot about that little detail. I was so concerned about port, language and getting them all sorted and working, I forgot about dimensions.

thanks.

john burns

Sorceror
Just FYI, I know it sounds like the long of doing things, but I made each map into an individual folder, edit the server xml file, and assigned a different port # for each one. and it all works, a little slow, but it works. computer is a little old, with only 1gb of memory, if I had a newer pc would it make a difference? or no?

m309

Squire
If you're running locally, you'd probably benefit from more processor strength, not necessarily RAM. But I could be wrong.