RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CentrED

StaticZ

Sorceror
Sure, We use one machine for RunUO and 2 CED+ server (1 map 12288 x 8192 2nd - 7168 x 4096) and no performance problems. Modern multicore processors allows to run several applications without any performance problems. Sure it's better to have more RAM - at least 2 GB for win7\Win2008 x86, or 3-4 GB if this machine is your desctop PC (for additional tasks - for example UO\CED+ client). It's not much at all as now isn't a problem to set up to 64\128 GB Ram on desctop PC.

StaticZ

Sorceror
it's not art work - its - textures. Get any one existing and look art\textures ID's in rigth bottom corner for tiles drag over mouse cursor.

Brighid

Sorceror
So, I got CentrEd up and can use it on my computer, perfectly. My problem is, now, that I want to open it for a server for my friend to come in and do work, too. I have no clue as to how to do this. I opened ports, but for some reason she can't get in. Can someone smarter than me please explain in 5th grade terms how I can get her on my server? Thanks!

ESKYMAK

Sorceror
Hey, you need to do few basic things. If your friend wants connect from internet, you need to have public IP address, forwarded ports on your router to you PC and opened firewall on your PC.

Brighid

Sorceror
Okay I got the ip, I attempted the forward ports but I'll have to try again, but now I see how to do it, so that's good. The firewall was already taken care of, but I'll peek at it again. Thank you!