RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Children animations?

Well, this isn't so much new artwork as very very old... I've heard the Ultima Online beta had animations for children, does anyone know of any place these might be available, or should I start from scratch?

Safera

Page
I don't know of any animations, but I have this freaky little child gump art on my computer that I found some time ago that you are welcome to. ;)

Attachments

• boygump.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 85

milva

Sorceror
There is a site which had a little boy and girl animation, just don't remember if it was 2D or 3D

milva

Sorceror
Oh wait nice find Safera that contains:
Animation graphics for 4 types of Children NPCs; 2 boys, and 2 girls.

Wow, Safera! That IS a find! Thank you so much. :) While the post says there are issues getting that old thing to work with emulation, if it uses similar map/mul files I can tear apart for pieces it sounds like there are quite a few interesting things that UO dropped after beta. The whips and the padded cloth armor sound potentially useful. :) And I'd also been hunting for info on Haven before OSI wrecked it, as I've been demolishing New Haven and rebuilding the old (with improvements-there are a few bits of New Haven that didn't look cramped and tacky XD). I'm definitely going to have some fun sorting through this. :)

Safera

Page
I was able to open most everything in UOFiddler, but I couldn't figure out how to see most of the animations. Maybe you'll have better luck. Let me know if you figure it out.

I'm having a similar problem viewing or exporting the animations, but maybe an older copy of UO Fiddler will work... I'll be sure to let you know if I have any progress there. :)

Rhexis

Knight
-Poofs in like a ninja-

>_> I have no idea if .uop is a format still in use, but I was meandering by...so... zip contains blonde & brunette girl & boy, sans all but the basic walking/standing animations

Attachments

• kid_anim.zip
    422 KB · Views: 35
-Poofs in like a ninja-

>_> I have no idea if .uop is a format still in use, but I was meandering by...so... zip contains blonde & brunette girl & boy, sans all but the basic walking/standing animations
Thank you so much! I knew the animations wouldn't be as 'complete' as the current adult ones, since the kids were meant to be NPCs, but it's definitely a relief not to have to start completely from scratch. :)

adamg6284

Squire
i can't find the patch.exe file? i would really like to put them in. how would i go about adding them into the mul files? from what i understand, the child animations fall under equipment... i can't seem to find any empty slots, can someone help me?

Presuming you are using a client version of 7.0.23.1 or lower...
how would i go about adding them into the mul files?
Mulpatcher
i can't seem to find any empty slots, can someone help me?
You were already told how to find empty slots provided you opened the PDF Nockar told you to and looked at it. He clearly explains it in detail in the thread.
download the zip file above and look in the PDF file for blank spots.
http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...r-animal-vd-animations-to-empty-spots.468206/