RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CoAD Server project

I

Ivel

CoAD Server project

hi everyone. wanted to stop by and get a little feedback on the project we have been workng on for the last few months. The thought has come up time after time about moving our server to .Net and wanted to get some feedback from users of a .net built EMU.

If it were to happen, we would basically follow the same path that RunUO has taken. C# using the C# codeDOM for the scripting engine. I've never personally used RunUO (uninstalled UO a long time ago) but love the fact someone has finally broken the EMU dev mentality of "A .Net server could never work for an EMU"

anyways, come vote on our survery, and feel free to post in our forums pros and cons that you see with staying in a c++ project vs moving to .net.

URL:
http://www.CoADServer.com

btw, just noticed that this forums I for RunUO only (thought it was a general forum when I posted) so feel free to move it to the off topic forum if you feel it is necessary.
Thanks

PerfectWing

Wanderer
That's exactly what it is.

Hello Ivel, long time no see. So I take it you've left TDS now? Pity, I never lost one of your TvT Contests. >.<

I

Ivel

heh, yeah, i stepped away from TDS shortly after the map i was working on was done and released to the shard.

btw, our site is currently being hosted on a less than stable dsl line, so you may see the cannot be found msgs every now and again. The move to a new server is coming soon, so no need to worry :)

PerfectWing

Wanderer
So, how's it comming on COX (still changing the name I hope :p). Making progress I hope. Been on that thing for a long time. :)

I

Ivel

it's not open src
there are screenshots once you sign up on the site and look in the 'Slide Show' section
and isn't that paypal link nice? :-p

and yes PW, CoAD is the name now

We have already started on the C# version of the server, and are still shooting for a jan 1 alpha release.

could we release the c++ server? yeah. Will we? No. the C# server is going to blow away the old one from day one... I'm sure you all know that since you have seen RunUO evolve.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
Good luck, Ivel. I had completely forgot about your project; But it seems you guys are progressing well.

*continues searching for the very hard to find Gump Maker program, not Paradise Gump Maker /me hates it with a passion.*