RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concering the black areas of default maps

zerodowned

Sorceror
So, rather than building an completely new map, I want to use the black areas of default maps that aren't currently being used.

Was wondering if there's any problems with doing this?

Also, it appears that I can just keep traveling in any one direction almost infinitely, maybe it stop eventually. The black area in SA is huge. But at a certain point if I try to add an item, it's created but not visible.
I'm guessing this has to do with an actual boundary of the map even though I could technically keep traveling beyond that boundary?

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
Without going into massive detail, there is a warp point in the client that "Warps" you around to the other side of the map when you cross it. so it appears that you go on forever. When creating things in the "Black" area you have to make them and then freeze them into the map or they won't appear in the raider map. Just do some research or google or and Ultima editing sites and youll find the answers.