RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ConnectUO 2.0 Closed Beta Application

Jeff

Lord
ConnectUO 2.0 Closed Beta Application

ConnectUO 2.0 is looking really nice. I've spent a lot of time fine tuning things on the server and on the client over the past week. Now that things are moving along at a better pace I want to start small with a closed beta. This beta will last approximately a week pending any major issues. I'm hoping to start it later this week, or early next. The entire RunUO team will be involved in testing, but on top up that I would like to choose a select few users, at random, to be involved in testing as well. In order to provide detailed information regarding the system you are using, I've would like everyone who applies to provide me with a DXDiag file for the following reasons:

• Allows me to get the specs of your machine, without you needing to know
  • Standard format for everyone to list specs.

If you have a major problem with uploading a dxdiag file. Feel free to PM me and I will include you in the list.

Here are instructions on how to create a DXDiag file from your machine:

Code:
Instructions: First of all we will need your email, it should detect your email already based on your user for the forums, sure that you are using a valid email because we will contact you via email not by your forum user.  The other thing we will need is for you to upload a DxDiag file.  For those who do not know how to do this by getting this file, there will be instructions below.  We will also need to know what UO Client Version you are using, as well if your using Razor or not.

To get your DxDiag, the following steps are to be done in the following order:

dxDiag (short for DirectX Diagnostic) is a commonly requested file when dealing with tech problems. It contains information about the hardware your computer has and all sorts of other helpful information. This file does not contain any sort of personal information other than your computers "name".

Scroll down for Vista Instructions
How to obtain your DxDiag file (Windows XP or older):

1. From the desktop click: Start > Run (or windows key + r).

2. In the blank text field of the window that appears type “dxdiag” without the quotes. Press run or hit enter.

3. Another window should appear titled DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Near the bottom of the window click on “Save All Information...”

A popup should appear with a progress bar, this may take a few minutes.

4. After it completes a dialog should appear asking you where to save the file, you will need to select the XML File Type. (Not choosing the correct format will not upload this file).

5. Open up the file, and make sure there are no invalid characters such as TradeMarks, Registers, and Copyright symbols, the XML file needs to be in UTF-8 Format.  Replace those symbols with (TM), (R) or (C).

If you do not want the Computer name to be shown, simply go to the MachineName Tag in the XML File, replace the computer name with "*". Note, this information could not be used against you in a hacking attempt.

How to obtain your Dxdiag (Vista)

1. Click on the windows icon in the bottom left (It's a blue circle with a wavy square in it.)

2. In the box that says "Start Search" type in "Dxdiag" without the quotes. Click on the magnifying glass icon or hit enter.

3. Another window should appear titled DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Near the bottom of the window click on “Save All Information…”

A popup should appear with a progress bar, this may take a few minutes.

4. After it completes a dialog should appear asking you where to save the file, you will need to select the XML File Type. (Not choosing the correct format will not upload this file).

5. Open up the file, and make sure there are no invalid characters such as TradeMarks, Registers, and Copyright symbols, the XML file needs to be in UTF-8 Format.  Replace those symbols with (TM), (R) or (C).

If you do not want the Computer name to be shown, simply go to the MachineName Tag in the XML File, replace the computer name with "*". Note, this information could not be used against you in a hacking attempt.
If you are interested in applying for a beta testing position you can apply here: ConnectUO 2.0 Beta Application

If you do not get in, please be patient, I do not anticipate the beta to last more then a week, and the open beta of ConnectUO 2.0 should follow quickly.

Thanks,
-Jeff

Jeff

Lord
Suil Ban;815344 said:
...and then I am quickly redirected back to the form.

Suil can you send me the xml please. jeff @ runuo.com

P.S. you are saving it as XML not TXT right? That's what the directions say :)

Deimos

Page
I keep getting

The version of this client is not in the right version format.

I assume the client field is the UO client right?
I've tried 7, 7.0.11, but it still says the same thing.

Peoharen

Sorceror
I think it worked fine for me (it just brought me back to the submit page).

Faster this thing gets tested the faster it comes out right? *submitted*

Ravenal

Knight
Deimos;815356 said:
I keep getting

The version of this client is not in the right version format.

I assume the client field is the UO client right?
I've tried 7, 7.0.11, but it still says the same thing.

Remember it requires the full version info, ie 5.0.0a will work or 7.0.0.0

So use the actual client version IE 7.0.1.1 :)

Ravenal

Knight
Peoharen;815358 said:
I think it worked fine for me (it just brought me back to the submit page).

Faster this thing gets tested the faster it comes out right? *submitted*

If it brings you back to the beta page again then no it did not work... It will bring you back to the actual shard list page if it submitted... And it will let you know if it submitted the application

Peoharen

Sorceror
Ahh, got it. I sent "7.0.1.1 (patch 95)" and it actually redirected me to a message page telling me I wasn't suppose to put in the version like that then redirected me back, I missed the message as I read other tabs.

Deimos

Page
Ravenal;815359 said:
Remember it requires the full version info, ie 5.0.0a will work or 7.0.0.0

So use the actual client version IE 7.0.1.1 :)

Ah yes, my bad
I thought my client read 7.0.11, it was actually 7.0.1.1
heh.