RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ConnectUO Registration Open!

Jeff

Lord
ConnectUO Registration Open!

In order to fully test ConnectUO 2.0 I need lots of servers registered to really test the client. So, in order to do this, we felt it would be nice to let you register your server now. We have opened the new server registration section of the website, you will find it under your User CP, on the main page called My Shards or just click here. In addition to this we have opened the Shard list as well. In it's current state there is no voting, no sorting, and not really much else for the time being. However, it does show your server ;). So for now, it is just another place for players to look for servers.

Some of the new features that can be found in server registration are as follows:

• Banners can have a glass overlay applied to them at your discretion. You will see this option in the Manage Banner section of the Registration page.
  • You can Activate and Deactivate your server at your discretion, this is great for adding your server, but not making it public.
  • Manage Patches (No more txt list). Just insert the URL to your patches and ConnectUO should handle the rest.
  • Shard Icon, this is for the client. If you look at the previous News annoucement you will see an image of what this looks like on the client. (You should be aware that the client automatically draws a shadow and reflection of your icon, so YOU DO NOT need to do this yourself). One thing to be aware of, when you update a patch, you need to return to ConnectUO.com and update the version number. If you do not, the client will have no way of knowing that you updated it and will not apply the new update on the user machine.

Please give us your feed back on the registration process and the look and feel of the shard list.

-The ConnectUO Team

nevar2006

Sorceror
Nice Work

Registration was very simple and straight forward. New layout looks very nice. cant wait to get to download the client for my players to connect.

Great Job Jeff

oiii88

Sorceror
Bujinsho;810487 said:
Registered last night ... really simple and easy ... but today my shard has vanished from my profile?

Could have to do with not being able to connect to their shardlist.. I havent been able to connect all day.. Keep getting mysql errors.

oiii88

Sorceror
Just a note... The shard I staff on was showing offline on the list for the last 2 days or so . We just logged in and went into manage shard/ edit shard then clicked the Agree box / saved it as if updating the info and it put the shard back as online.