RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] Courageous True Line of Sight Updated 1.4B

No permission to download

Felladrin

Sorceror
Felladrin submitted a new resource:

Courageous True Line of Sight Updated (version 1.4B) - Courageous' script released in 2006. Working copy for RunUO 2.3 SVN 1080.

This is a working copy of Courageous' script released in 2006. It was tested with RunUO 2.3 SVN 1080.

It's a core mod and requires you recompile RunUO.exe file. You can find information of how to do it in RunUO forums.

About the system, all you need to know about how to install/use is at Courageous' thread:...

Read more about this resource...

Dian

Sorceror
Nice update. How stable is this LOS system now? I have not followed the old thread in long time, but seem to remember it was somewhat unstable, and was not intended for use on a live shard.

Id really be interested in hearing from others that use this, and how stable it is, as well as how much system resource is consumes.. does it lag the shard with a lot of players? :)

Nemikal

Sorceror
I had used this in a previous version on an old 2.0 shard. It worked fairly well for the most part. There was the occasional AI crash for LOS related issues but I cant recall specifics.

shtoink

Sorceror
I imagine combining this with the live map updating framework to have control over the client window to the point of having statics be shown via los checks.... then I remember I am functionally a c# 3rd grader.

shtoink

Sorceror
Does anyone have a video of this in action? I really think it sounds uber interesting but I dont want to do all the edits to find it doesnt play nice with tons of mixed stuff ..