RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Custom Art] Beginners Tutorial

otimpyre

Sorceror
[Tutorial] Making something outta something else By:Otim Pyre 3/08/2011

Difficulty easy

For this tutorial I will be using Photoshop 7.0, and Inside-UO
Inside UO to extract art and Photoshop 7.0 to create my new images.

I will begin by choosing an image I want to improve.

Step 1 Choosing an image for an idea.
I start by running Inside-UO and browse all the art for ideas. Over time you become real familiar with where everything is. And ideas will begin to flow.

Using "Inside-UO" I have chosen a Giant Skull. In the bottom of "Inside UO" you will see a box labeled Model Number the number I've chosen is 8707 (0x2203) 8707.png

Step 2 Right click on the image and Save as 8707.bmp
Be mindful of where you are saving the image. I just make new folders and name them what ever my project is like mossy walls ect...

Step.3 With Photoshop or what ever program you are using click File & Open your image 8707.bmp

Step 4 This the easiest way to make something from something else, thats why its the beginners tutorial.Since there are only one of these skulls in the game, it can make it hard to use in decorating. Wouldn't it be nice if we had it facing the other way too? That way we could make a fancy evil decorated doorway to a dungeon?

In photoshop I click Image> Rotate canvas> Flip Canvas Horizontal now we have the missing skull 8707.png
In paintshop I click Image> Mirror
In gimp I click Image> Transform> Flip Horizontal as you can see all these programs seem different. But, they can all achieve the same basic effects.

Step 5 Saving the image.
Click File>
Save As>
Choose a file you want to save it in
Name your image> "Whatever"
Then in that menu click Save as Type>.bmp
The file type is important Ultima uses .bmp files for its art
After all that click Save

Congratulations you now have a custom skull not seen anywhere else before. Well until now :cool:
8707.pngOld 8707.png New