RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Custom Art] Configuring UO Fiddler

otimpyre

Sorceror
Official documentation
How to configure UO Fiddler
After you have downloaded and run the .exe of course.
This is where you begin. In the top left Settings tab click Settings and Path Settings..
FiddlerSettings.png
You will get a new box showing your Ultima Online .mul .idx and .def files
FiddlerSettingsBox.png

Reload Paths is default it points to where you installed Ultima
Which is most likely C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online The Eighth Age

Reload Paths Option forces a reload after you have chosen a directory in the paths section

Set Path Manual is what you use if you want to change your UO Directory. The reason you may need this is if you have multiple directories like I do. Or want to switch to a backup folder with copies of all your unmodified files.
Before manually setting a new directory. Reload Paths then Set Path Manual then Reload Paths

The black one is for choosing new directory the red one is to force the program to refresh
For example these are my directories I have four.
  • C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online The Eighth Age <-custom
  • C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online The Eighth Age\Otims <-custom
  • C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online The Eighth Age\FullyPatched <-clean UO files
  • C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online The Eighth Age\BACKUPS <- copies of all my files fiddler uses inc case I mess up and need to retrieve an image or file

m309

Squire
Simon, in Settings<Options check the box "New Map Size". It should then show the full size map in Fiddler as well as output the correct size when you write new files.