RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Custom Art] Creating new walls (Part 1)

otimpyre

Sorceror
Creating new walls tutorial. Part 1 3/09/2011/

Foreward: In this tutorial I will be discussing walls and showing some techniques to help you design your own.

First off lets discuss wall types Ultima has 5 types of walls. thin, skinny, medium, full & other
1Image2.png 2Image4.png 3Image3.png 4Image5.png 5 Image6.png

Before, you try creating anything in the 5th category I recommend you master 1-4

Lets discuss the basic pieces there are 4 basic pieces to creating a wall set.

EastImage3.png Northwest CornerImage7.png South Image8.png South East Corner Image10.png

Then there are an endless variety of accessory pieces you can modify and add to sets.

Accessory pieces Image12.png

One more thing you should know is how the pieces interact with the map in the game.
You can check this by manually adding them in game.
Directions.png
I hued the tiles the walls are resting on so you can see how they occupy the tile you place them on.
Not all walls occupy space the same way until you are familiar with all the ways I suggest you always check the items you are going to be working with.

Begin tutorial part two Creating new walls (part 2)