RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Custom Art] Fixing Broken Desktops

otimpyre

Sorceror
Fixing Broken Desktops By:Otim Pyre 3/09/2011

Foreward: In this tutorial I will be discussing desktop themes these were pretty popular back in the day. Before. OSI
began adding new content. This new content made all those wonderful custom desktop look in complete. I will be discussing what was broken in those desktops, and how to fix them. For teaching purposes I have chosen the most popular desktop everyone loved and my personal favorite the Celtic Desktop
Celtic.png
It was originally released at UO-Desktop People who have decided this would be a nice addition have run into a whole lot of problems with the current releases of UO
1 it was a verdata.mul patch which Ultima no longers uses that file.
2 Expansions and updates from EA Games have added new content that isn't included with the desktops
Such as the Virtue star atop of the paperdoll
The Jewelery boxes on the left side of paperdoll to make adding removing tiny objects easier.
The Quests button added for players to view quests
The Guild button that replaced guildstones
3. Black Menus The publicmoongate for RunUO doesn't play nice with this art as it made the gumps used for displaying travel black. The problem is the text & font used for displaying locations is also black
4. Tons of other gumps were never customized to match the overall theme of the desktop

Rather than explain this all step by step I've opted out with a release of the images that fix celtic desktop or fills in the missing pieces rather. Maybe one day I will fix the others. I just never really cared for them. Can be found via my sig. below

Foster

Account Terminated
Please im waiting very patiently for it :)) i love this desktop and any release notes on how to fix would be great.
I know how busy you get so im happy to wait but i just thought id relighten the issue by posting in here. :)

oiii88

Sorceror
Now this is something I have been waiting for. Since I had made my own but no longer use it since the paperdoll updates of a few years ago.

tass23

Page
I can send you the copy I have. You'll just have to replace two images, as they have my shard info on them.