RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Custom Art] Full Color Spell Icons

otimpyre

Sorceror
====Installation====
[BACK UP] your gumps.mul and gump.idx from your runuo directory.

[USING] UO Fiddler

[OPEN] UO Fiddler click the gumps tab.
Scroll down and [FIND] the spell icons you want to replace.
Magery Begins - 0x8C0
Necromancy Begins - 0x5000
Chivalry Begins - 0x5100
Ninjitsu Begins - 0x5300
Bushido Begins - 0x5400
Abilites Begins - 0x5200
Spellweaving Begins - 0x59D8
Mysticism? - Not Included
Gargoyle ? - Not Included

[RIGHT CLICK] on the icon you are replacing click [REPLACE]
You will then get a file selection menu [FIND] where you have my image folders and select the spell type you are working with IE: magery.
[Find the ID#] of the gump you are replacing such as create food is 0x8C0 and then replace with my 0x8C0.bmp from magery folder. [After] you've installed everything you want.
[Right click] on the gumps image screen [SAVE]. Fiddler will create a new gumps.mul and gumps.idx in your UO Fiddler folder. Then drag and drop those new files into your uo directory. In order for players to see and use the files you must distribute them. Which I offer absolute no support as it is covered to oblivion in forums I'm sure.

There are large and small Icons for Ninjitsu & Bushido both are needed
0x5010 necro & 0x5308. 0x5309 ninjitsu aren't missing they aren't used in game

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
This is awesome, thanks for the up. I've seen similar ones like these before and never really cared much for them. But I honestly think I might add them to this shard I'm currently running, just for the hell of it. I'll see how the players like it. Thanks for the work on getting this up here. You should post some more of your work, maybe it will convince Ryan (or someone else...) to make an art/audio section for the forums.

Edit: Seems 0x5010 is missing for Necro. Also 0x5308 and 0x5309 of Ninjitsu...also is spell weaving supposed to be included?

otimpyre

Sorceror
This is awesome, thanks for the up. I've seen similar ones like these before and never really cared much for them. But I honestly think I might add them to this shard I'm currently running, just for the hell of it. I'll see how the players like it. Thanks for the work on getting this up here. You should post some more of your work, maybe it will convince Ryan (or someone else...) to make an art/audio section for the forums.

Edit: Seems 0x5010 is missing for Necro. Also 0x5308 and 0x5309 of Ninjitsu...also is spell weaving supposed to be included?

Thank you. Glad you like them. Some bits and pieces of my art can be found through my sig. As for the missing icons they aren't used in the game anywhere so I didn't bother making them.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Ah, I see. As for the spell weaving? Spellweaving Begins - 0x59D8

You didn't include that in your package...did you mean to include the gump range?

penndragon

Sorceror
I just installed these and they are beautiful........... Thanks for sharing your artwork.........

Now am just waiting impatiently for the desktop mods.... :)

Gaea26

Sorceror
Odd...I don't seem to HAVE Gumps.mul now. I had to reinstall UO the other day. I have Gumps.idx and Gumpart.mul

LightShade

Sorceror
Hrmmmm, anyone know what i'm doing wrong...? Everytime I use UO Fiddler to edit these files, the new gumps file is like 30 megs smaller than the previous one and it hangs my client. Any ideas? I'm sure its something simple, but I can't seem to figure out what i'm messing up...

LightShade

Sorceror
I'm still having problems with this program and editing the Gump MUL files. I have no idea what i'm doing wrong...still hanging my UO Client when I try to load it up... Rather confused.

EyeQ

Wanderer
Odd...I don't seem to HAVE Gumps.mul now. I had to reinstall UO the other day. I have Gumps.idx and Gumpart.mul

You can find the files needed to overwrite in your client folder Exp: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\7.0.11.2 Client\Ultima Online Classic.
Is mine but i have lots of diffrent #.#.#.# clients for testing reasons so yours wouldnt have \7.0.11.2 Client folder.

If your Running a 7.0.0.0 Client or higher 2 files will need to be diffrent from the above:
[BACK UP] your gumps.mul and gump.idx from your runuo directory.
[Gumps.mul is now Gumpart.mul] & [Gump.idx is now Gumpidx.mul].

Hrmmmm, anyone know what i'm doing wrong...? Everytime I use UO Fiddler to edit these files, the new gumps file is like 30 megs smaller than the previous one and it hangs my client. Any ideas? I'm sure its something simple, but I can't seem to figure out what i'm messing up...
I was able to duplacate the issue. Seems your linking Fiddler to an older client. When you open fiddler you will need to link Fiddler to the Client files your changing.
1. Open Fiddler:
2.Click Settings at the top left side of App:
3.Click Path Settings...:
4.Click Set Path Manual:
5.Find the Client your changing:
6.Click Ok:
7.Then close out by clicking the small x box at the top right of the PathSettings Screen:
8.Now your ready to start replace the gump files.
I'm still having problems with this program and editing the Gump MUL files. I have no idea what i'm doing wrong...still hanging my UO Client when I try to load it up... Rather confused.
If your Running on a system like mine (x86) or a (x64) You will need to get the right Fiddler (x86) or (x64) for your system.
All 3 Vers. of UOFiddler are Here.

Note: Make sure to copy your *.muls to the right client Dir.

otimpyre

Sorceror
Glad to see these still are turning heads. Thank you all for the likes. Only downside is they do take some getting use to. Such as invisibility and resurrection. Curse and mass curse. Can be a bit confusing at first. I've included a blank template here for the custom artists. Take a shot at making your own. Search spell gems or icons from other games and find images that are similar to the UO spells I spent hours looking at other MMOs spell gems on mod sites..The trick is find images that look similar and compliment each other. I made all the bushido and ninjitsu by google searching for silhouettes. And then spent hours searching for the matching poses. I colored all the ability icons by hand. Try resizing the images you find and paste them into the blank gem. As always remember to never use true black or true white.

Blank Spell Gem Template. Remember to save as .bmp
Blank_Gem.jpg

otimpyre

Sorceror
Updated! fixed some white pixels I missed in magic reflection, chain lightning, energy field. Also added missing necro spell exorcism and added full preview up top.