RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Artwork How-To

Ashlivos

Wanderer
Getting the names to show for custom items..

Hey all,

I've added a fair bit of custom artwork, both static and wearable items for the player, but I can't seem to get the names I set within mulpatcher to work. Any idea what could be causing the issue?

Thanks!

Droth

Wanderer
Ok,

I have re-read and re-tried 40 items now, every time the same problem. I get the paperdoll art, the item tile art (on ground, in backpack, etc.) but I cannot get the art to show up for the animation.

I have created art for a rifle (which I attached just incase anyone wants/needs it to help me).

I add it to the Gump (anim) tab, in slot 0xEEFB and select the AnimID from InsideUO of 616 (0x268) which is heavy crossbow.

I add it to the Tiledata (s) tab, in slot 3FF8, selecting A and Wearable.

I add it to the Art (s) tab, in slot 3FF8.

I added it to my body.def file, as the line:

1179 {616} 0

I also have a script, which is an edited version of HeavyCrossbow.cs

When I create the item in game, I can see it on the ground, drag it around, put it on my paperdoll, see it there, but the character avatar has no crossbow in hand.

Am I missing a step?-

Attachments

• rifle.bmp
    180.6 KB · Views: 50
  • rifletile.bmp
    4.7 KB · Views: 21
droth:
the animation will still be that of a crossbow (or which ever you used it from)

the 616 number - is that hex or decimal -- if it is hex (actualy number from inside mulpatcher is hex) then you need to convert it to decimal in the body file

also have you patch the gump art files (2), the art files (2) and the tiledata file (1) to the players as well as the server datapath folder?

ashilos:
either set the names in their script
or
you have to modify the cliloc entries to have the names that match with the itemdi value (i think it is itemid # + 102000 or something like that)

Droth

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf;782681 said:
the animation will still be that of a crossbow (or which ever you used it from)
For now, thats what I want.

the 616 number - is that hex or decimal -- if it is hex (actualy number from inside mulpatcher is hex) then you need to convert it to decimal in the body file
The 616, that is the three digit number at the begining of the "Model No." in InsideUO when I look and People and Accessories > Weapon.Crossbow

I need to convert that 3 digit number to decimal also?

also have you patch the gump art files (2), the art files (2) and the tiledata file (1) to the players as well as the server datapath folder?

I am editing the local files on my machine and running a RuUO TC server, connecting via local host, and testing everything from the admin account.

Droth

Wanderer
Ah, Ok, figured it out, I was missing a 1 digit in the decimal number in Body.def

Man, this tutorial is awesome! Thanks for having it available!

turley

Sorceror
If you are trying to add/change animations/paperdollart maybe my small tool can help you.
UOViewer
It has a Dress tab where you can equip a char and see the paperdoll or ig animation. It reads like the client every needed def file (and displaying the real animation number unlike InsideUO). So you can see if everything is correct without the need to login with an client.
The tool is intended to be an InsideUO alternative based on Ultima SDK with modifications,it can view almost every mul file. The sourcecode is of course also available.

Muhahaha

Sorceror
Mulpatcher

Ok ive been working on changing my moongates. I got the moongate off uodesktop.i have followed all the steps posted.To me this is confusing!!Ive been working on this for 3 days now and nothing has change.It great for people to post on how to add custom art.But i dont under stand 90% of this.Isnt there a better and easier way to add custom art.you would think that changing moongates would be easy.I am not one of them people that sit in front of a computer 24 hrs a day.

I have some problems, when I create the item in game, I can see it on the ground, drag it around, put it on my paperdoll, see it there, but the character avatar has no crossbow in hand, I have copy the crossbow animations and put in another space.

I have add anim in 0x2BAF, I have add the gump in the same space, in tiledata I have set the animid to 2BAf, and in bodydef I have add this: 11183 {11183} 0

Why I only see the gump and the tile? Please help me

you placed your gump to high in the list of gumps

it has to be inbetween c738 (can go lower, but better not to i have found) and ea60 for highest
this is for the male version or single version
the female version (if there is to be one) must be at the same number + 0x2710 or 10000 decimal
yu use the anim number from the single/male number only (which is number - 50000)

Anora

Wanderer
a small issue but huge I am thinking. I have TDV Mulpatcher and love it but now it will not let me load my statics as it says "Width or Height incorrect or missing(before ML: 6144x4096". I am presuming this is because I am patched to 6.0.0 and have a larger map now. Is there a way to fix this? I love this patcher tool.

Anora

Wanderer
hmmmm. I used it when I was messing with RunUO1 but had not tried it since going to RunUO2 so will try reloading the paths to see if that fixes my issue.
I feel like a real dummy now. I had not put in the size if my map. Wow what a newbie!!!

dogan1

Sorceror
Ehhh... Big Problem!

Look, when i try to past my hex in "Copy Existing Animation"
I can't. The comunication says : "Animtypes no match"
What i make bad? :/
I do all what you say but i cant tape it.
And 1 more in Section "Art(s) its clear:/
I don't know what heapens any body can help me? ;/

Galdar

Sorceror
Anora;794286 said:
a small issue but huge I am thinking. I have TDV Mulpatcher and love it but now it will not let me load my statics as it says "Width or Height incorrect or missing(before ML: 6144x4096". I am presuming this is because I am patched to 6.0.0 and have a larger map now. Is there a way to fix this? I love this patcher tool.

yea, the map is now 896 cells or 7168x4096 with patch 5.x

with patch 6.0.9.1 you have map0 and map1, instead of map 0 (Tram/Fel)

Thilgon

Sorceror
i'm trying to patch a ring (so, blank animation needed) using animation slot 1268, and everything is working fine, except i can't get to see the ring's name... it just have an empty space instead of the name...
any hint about that? is because of the high slot used?
i'm actually trying this so i could have "more" space for accessories like rings, necklaces, and such...

thilgon
you need to add a name to it in its script

or you can also modify the cliloc's to have its name in there
i think it is item's id number + 100000 or somethging like that
so a search through the cliloc of other item names to find for sure

ABTOP i believe you have to add the animations into to is why they are not there, but i am not positive