RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Desktop GUI - task bar clicking broken

Safera

Page
I tried installing the Darkshard WOW GUI Desktop using UOFiddler (to edit the gump.mul & gumpidx.mul).

Now, the top left menu bar is broken. Nothing can be clicked on. (Map, Paperdoll, Inventory, Journal, Chat, Help, <?>)

Also, in the paperdoll, when clicking on STATS, it freezes the Client (not responding).

Anyone know why just changing the graphics out breaks the clickable buttons?

(Attached is a screen capture.)

Attachments

• DesktopProblem.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 40

Safera

Page
SOLVED!

Troubleshooting:

What do I know?

-It's something messed up with the gumpart.mul & gumpidx.mul files as when I simply switch those out with the old ones, it works fine.

Tried:

-First I tried making sure it wasn't something simple like mismatched gump files between the client & server. That did not matter.

Did NOT work:
-Original tiff images
-16 bit converted bitmap images
-No invisible pixels
-Replacing each taskbar image one by one to see which one initiates the problem

Did Work:
-Replaced graphics that we removed because none were provided with current desktop.

PROBLEM SOLVED:
-Replace any missing graphics. While grid invis seems to work, removing a graphic entirely to create an invisible effect does not. Note: replacing the graphics that need to be clicked on with solid black graphics (#000000) to create an invisible effect also does not work.

See images attached.

Attachments

• GumpToolbar.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 25
  • ChangeOutGumpImages.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 26