RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Design a server specifically for ML client.

more

Sorceror
Create a client specifically for ML client. It will work well with the old map0.mul file.
It contains all of the features of runuo but it is set up to work with the original ML client that was on the disk.

Include more control over the maps runuo uses. For example. I can easily make felucca use trammels map in a script. That would be useful for fel only shards because originally felucca was not littered with bones, blood, and dead trees.

This way it would actually make a difference when setting the expansion to say... LBR or none because the map files being used would match all of the previous expansions.

This would be for people who aren't interested in staying up to date with official uo. Most of us only looked into emulating uo because official uo was being messed up. It would basically be an final version of runuo for the previous clients. The only updates needed would be to increase functionality and or patch bugs and exploits.

shtoink

Sorceror
a single edit to mapdefinitions.cs will let you change the season of the map (ie, greenery, leaves, or bones ect of fel). Im not sure the problem you are having tbh.

more

Sorceror
hey that should come in handy thanks.

My problem is that I cant get any version of runuo besides 1.0 to run with mondains legacy client. The original client that came on the disk. It will run fine its just that it doesnt work AT ALL with trammel. Trammel is just felucca with decos from trammel cluttering the streets. So basically the server CANT read the map0.mul correctly.

If there isnt a fix for this in a year or so I might have to use runuo 1.0