RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Devel SVN updated.

Xavier

Account Terminated
The RunUO public devel repository is updated to rev 1047. This includes Most of the ML quest system, other ML content related things, and numerous fixes and changes. Unfortunately we didn't get the SVN to an optimal point for a package, so this is it. We considered holding out for another day or two, or four. But, here it is.

https://code.google.com/p/runuo/

Once the desired fixes and changes are made, the changelog will be posted too as well as a new package. I will take the blame, pretty much. Ive been sick as hell for the last 5 days or so, on top of the moves and stuff. But, that should only be a day or two.

Regarding contributed code.

Anyone who would like to contribute code to the RunUO project, needs to follow some procedure to ensure the best possible outcome for all.

1. Only person(s) with rights to the code can contribute it.

This basically means: don't go download source and bring it for inclusion. We have had problems as a result of this in the past, and we need to avoid that situation arising again. If you are the author of the code, or authorized to distribute the code on the author's behalf, you may submit it for inclusion consideration.

2. RunUO will not provide direct support for any contributed code.

This does not mean no one will ever answer a question, but we often have our own work to deal with, and answering questions regarding code that is not technically part of the development repository may place an unacceptable distraction / workload when the RunUO team is working on their own projects. Furthermore, we will not handle corrections, bugs, or other problems with this code. It will remain in a folder that is not within the RunUO build directory, thus will not even compile unless you deliberately include it in the build path.

3. We have and maintain the right to refuse any code without any reason.

There are a lot of things that can get code turned down. We don't need a reason, and probably wont even give one. Reasons for turning things down could be anything from functionality problems to appropriateness for inclusion, to quality ( or lack thereof ) .. and speaking only for myself, I don't want to be the one to say that to anyone. So, its either accepted or not. There may be circumstances where we do inform the submitter. This may include "we have that feature already", or other factual, exceptional circumstances where it would save every one, including the submitter, the wasted time of repeatedly resubmitting it.

Another point to remember here, we are going to review code before it goes into the contrib collection. So, obviously, the larger it is, the longer it will take. If its a huge system it could take weeks or worse to get it though the system.

4. Code information

Obviously, when submitting code, certain information should be provided with it. Include how to install / include your code in the RunUO build, what versions / expansions it will work with (or wont), and if you are willing to answer questions regarding the code, please include contact information. WE WILL NOT give anyone information about how/where to locate an author if the author does not provide it.

So, taking these conditions into consideration, we will not be going back through old posts to dig out old code that has been posted. It needs to be provided specifically for the purpose of inclusion. For now, it could probably be posted in the mods section with very specific language stating that it is for inclusion.

I will post again, when we have those couple updates done, and post a changelog.

Xavier

Account Terminated
It SHOULD automatically generate the quest givers and all when the server starts back up. Check heartwood in particular. Also these commands are available

"MLQuestsInfo"
Displays general information about the ML quest system, or a quest by type name.

[ViewQuests <target>
Displays a quest info gump for the player targeted.

"SaveQuest <type> [saveEnabled=true]"
Allows serialization for a specific quest to be turned on or off.

"SaveAllQuests [saveEnabled=true]"
Allows serialization for all quests to be turned on or off.

"InvalidQuestItems"
Provides an overview of all quest items not located in the top-level of a player's backpack.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Just be aware that this system is still under development. If you'd like to see it in action, it is on Demise.

HaakOne2

Traveler
Getting exited about this one keep up the good work my Good Sirs and Ladies. :) Just have to figure this out how to put into my UOset to play a bit while you lovely folks finish this awesome work you do. Hoorah to all of you Hoorah!!! Would have loved to be coding with you folks but 18 strokes later and I can't even post a message without 10 million checks and 1 more to be sure. You folks are awsome for the work you provide to your site and to us little folks.

HaakOne2

Traveler
Almost a month later I have found via this site as to how I can take the latest version available and have it compose correctly. You guys are Awesome and thank you.

zolo888

Sorceror
Hello - Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction ? I am looking to get ML working on my 2.3 RunUo Server with Nerun's stuff. Do I just copy and past from the google code link (using Tortoise) or is there a lot more to it ? (Cut n paste did not work).

Been trying to get ML working for a while with no luck hence my post (pls god dont let it be something stupid!).

Its not me right ? ML Quests and all that is not in 2.3 right ?....... Please put me out of my misery !

zolo888

Sorceror
Xeroxxx is that question releated to my search for working ml code? You can use google code or dropbox maybe?

If you can help me a really big thank you.

Grimm S

Sorceror
Hello - Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction ? I am looking to get ML working on my 2.3 RunUo Server with Nerun's stuff. Do I just copy and past from the google code link (using Tortoise) or is there a lot more to it ? (Cut n paste did not work).

Been trying to get ML working for a while with no luck hence my post (pls god dont let it be something stupid!).

Its not me right ? ML Quests and all that is not in 2.3 right ?....... Please put me out of my misery !

Current quests on demise are not in the neruns update or 2.3. You would need the current svn version

Take Neruns folder and download off svn. In the folder there are to other folders named data and scripts. Simply right click and hit copy and then copy to runuo 2.3 folder for each.

zolo888

Sorceror
Hello (Again). I did what you said above (Like 20 times in many different ways) but I always get a page of red......

I just want to get the ML stuff Quests, items, recipes working........

Its driving me bonkers.... Should I go back to RunUO 2? Or has someone got 2.3 working ?

Pls HELP !

zolo888

Sorceror
Now I know I sound like a broken record but its just not working for me!

Merged more times that something that merges alot.

ANYONE? HELP!

I take 2.3 and I take the svn and try and merge them and bang more red that the parting of the seas in some biblical novel!

I just want a working version of 2.3 with the Mondains Quests and Recipes etc.... What am i doing wrong? Does anyone have a copy on a share some place ?

i don't think anyone has it working. you may just want to wait for the release with the ML quests, unless they happen to already be in this one. and you'll probably get more answers if you post in the script support forum.

zolo888

Sorceror
Yay - I got it working! Took the SVN and got it working with my 2.3 save!

trying to get some people to test it now but it seems to have a lot of the ML content including recipes and quests but no community collections.

Anyway if anyone wants to test it (yeah not the right forum i know but DAMN am i excited that i got it workig!!) its here 203.217.2.168 port 2593

Yay YAY ML on my server - Very happy.

R
indangerofcollapsing.com