RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Devel SVN updated.

zolo888

Sorceror
Hello everyone.

i am about (tomorrow) to update my production shard to the ml content that sits on the svn.

I have had it running in test for a while and all seems well (touch wood).

My question is when is 2.4 coming? as ifmits 2 weeks or something i will wait! also has anyone done what i have done - merge svn and 2.3 to get ml quests and recipes? do you have any feedback?

Vorspire

Knight
I hope they update the Assembly Information this time to it states 2.4 instead of 2.1 all the time :p

I will update RushUO when the new code become available.

I just did a merge for UOInfection, their hard was 2.1 with custom content, Nerun's distro and the ML package.
The merge show that RunUO has come a very long way with ML support, almost everything provided by the ML package is now stock in RunUO 2.3

It is entirely possible to update an older RunUO *CORE* to 2.3 without actually affecting any *SCRIPTS*, meaning you can recompile your core on 2.3 code without corrupting any 2.1 (for example) scripts and seemingly, without corrupting the saves.

dc97823

Wanderer
hi folks,

i agree with vorspire.
it's very difficult to maintain, because all shard devs are writing into Scripts that's also in the runuo repo, with a possible series of "variations" on the core classes like nerun (or ml packages??)
for example, altering ResourceInfo and adding new Resources is a very mess. because it's not modular and not pluggable with custom alterations.

corrupting saves... :) :
you could write a script in order to check if a Saves folder can be migrated (accounts is xml, Items and Mobiles are binary....... )

what about migrating to git?

rtaylor1987

Sorceror
I've messed with the devel SVN for awhile now - and everything seems to be working beautifully. Just a quick question - I haven't been able to get the collection quests in - (moonglow zoo, vesper museum, brit library, etc.) - do these come with the SVN or is this something I have to add in custom? Maybe a command I'm missing?

dc97823

Wanderer
probably is a unofficial branch of a unofficial repo. or, what's the official repo? on code.google.com or github ? it's not clear, some moderators can check the message?
sincerely i prefer git, as you already know.
and why "RunUO 2.4 will be the latest release supporting the 2.0 .NET Framework." ?

regards.

Hammerhand

Knight
Not to sure about this github one... I mean seriously.. whats this about? >> RunUO 2.3
msturgill released this a month ago · 2.3 was released by them a month ago? When everyone else had it 6 or 7 months ago? And yeah.. the 2.0 .NET thing... I'm thinking this isnt official, at least not through here.

buggles

Wanderer
I don't see any actual core RunUO developers on the RunUO Google Code project. I only see Ryan, Eos, and Kraz. The 2.3 "release" on the Google Code project appears to have been arbitrarily uploaded by someone named Xavier. It doesn't even have a 2.3 build inside of it. The included build is versioned "2.2.4782". https://github.com/runuo is msturgill's repository. I am assuming this is Mark. I also recognize some of the other names (Derrick, Vorspire, etc). Making 2.4 the last .NET 2.0 release makes sense from a maintenance standpoint. Windows XP EOLs in April anyway.

nerun

Sorceror
Confused now. I hope they talk about it here. And one more thing: GitHub don't have SVN version number???

nerun

Sorceror
I downloaded Github using RapidSVN, and i got "mark.sturgill" as author, so "msturgill" is surely Mark. But what is happening?

nerun

Sorceror
I don't see any actual core RunUO developers on the RunUO Google Code project. I only see Ryan, Eos, and Kraz. The 2.3 "release" on the Google Code project appears to have been arbitrarily uploaded by someone named Xavier. It doesn't even have a 2.3 build inside of it. The included build is versioned "2.2.4782". https://github.com/runuo is msturgill's repository. I am assuming this is Mark. I also recognize some of the other names (Derrick, Vorspire, etc). Making 2.4 the last .NET 2.0 release makes sense from a maintenance standpoint. Windows XP EOLs in April anyway.

There is Mark too, he is "[email protected]".

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Staff member
I have access to submit patches on both SVN and github but I'm usually dealing with AssistUO UOSteam stuff, meaning I have access in case I need to change something related to my main project.

As far as I can see, current SVN is not getting any patches for a while now, but Eos is the RunUO developer left so it is up to him giving you guys a proper answer. Mark left UOGamers shards and his access to the SVN has been revoked but I saw his RunUO github repository on the last few days and it has interesting updates that we should take in consideration, not to mention 7.0.33.1 client support. Mark is doing such a great job on github.

It is confusing but if I had to point someone the best repository github is probably the one at this time.

nerun

Sorceror
Thank you Kraz.

I was trying to understand some things and i discovered that:

1) RunUO Github is maintained by Mark (mainly).​
2) Once, it was called "Official RunUO Git Repository" inside "Readme.md" file, but in Sep 21, 2013 it was renamed to "RunUO Git Repository".​
3) Github version Sep 7, 2013 = RunUO Google Code's SVN 1079 (Sep 7, 2013). Since i had verifyied all commits.​
4) RunUO Google Code's SVN 1080 (Sep 21, 2013), the last update in that Repository, has no equal in Github. So, changes in Github begin in Sep 12, 2013.​
5) Mark build 2 releases: RunUO 2.3.1 and RunUO 2.4.​
5.1) Version 2.3.1 is only version 2.3 plus client 7.0.33.1 support.​
5.2) Version 2.4 has all changes from RunUO Google Code's Repository up to SVN 1079, plus Mark's changes up to Oct 22, 2013. because commit in that day shows rename assembly version to 2.5 and RunUO 2.4 says it was released in 12 days ago (so Oct 22, apparently).​

Very interesting, i will continue to analize changes and try to make a changelog to RunUO 2.4 and post in the forum.

nerun

Sorceror
RunUO 2.4 changelog:

Fixes to bola. Bola mount fix. Rider null check (bola). Fixed bola target cancel on mount.

Keg to treasureChestLevel4.

Range check mobiles, return home. On OSI they just delete and respawn. We will try to be a little more graceful, and see if we can walk back.

Fixes to miasma special moves.

Fixed NameChangeDeed so it doesn't allow invalid names.

Should not animate mobiles if mounted.

Paragon stam regen fix, return mobiles to spawners.

ML quest system (many changes, but not 100%).

Some fixes to DragEffects.

Animation fixes.

Updates to spawner, added area which works with range, comments reflect such. Added accessor for basecreature spawner, since home may no longer find the spawner.

Discard Spawner setter. various fixes to dismount, pets, bolas, specials,
spells...

Added Holliday stuff, Valentine's 2007, 2010, 2011 and 2012.

Verified some drop rates (Kirin, Unicorn and Pixie).

Pixie legs are edible.

Renamed ML regions to match EA.

Tweaks to champs. Adjustable spawn count, added proper special to interred grizzle, bumped miasma's skill.

The bag of sending will now reject nontransferable items.

Added HS boat movement.

Fixes and improvements to parallelization.

Client 7.0.33.1 support

Tons of small bugfixes and small improvements.

CONCLUSION:
The 2 BIG changes in RunUO 2.4 against RunUO 2.3 are ML quests and Client 7.0.33.1. of course, many small bugfixes that are always welcome.

Talow

Sorceror
I just want to say thanks Nerun for running that all down I'm sure it wasn't an easy thing to do.