RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon water tiles

Grutak

Sorceror
I am making a map with dragon 11. All tiles work in game including ocean tiles. The shallow water tiles do not work i see something like a really dark sand tile. When i teleport onto these tiles i cannot move around so somthing is not right.

otimpyre

Sorceror
If you are attempting to make translucent water what you are seeing. I believe is called fallback terrain. You can see this is in the landtiles section. It is a large section of brown colored tiles. As I am told originally this brown area around all land masses was created to help keep the land from breaking apart as it was put. In order to be rid of it you must lower the altitudes of this and the mask it using a static tile. Such as cave floor. If you are not making translucent water just ignore me. :) I never used dragon. You should look into using UOLandscaper if you can find it.

eriminator

Sorceror
maybe you only have done the map0.mul - but you need to render the static part too. that brown stuff should be hidden with static wateredges.

Safera

Page
Couldn't this also have to do with transitions?

There can't be any 1x1 pixel areas on your map or Dragon won't know how to transition them. I also don't think Dragon does 3-way transitions (but I could be wrong). If not, that means that 3 different land tiles can never meet at any one point.

I remember making new maps and having this same issue using UOLandscaper and I think it was a combination of transition rendering problems around land/water areas and what Eri said, covering up any spots that need tweaking with static tiles.

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
Im not sure if this is your problem but when making a map in Dragon you need to make the water around the land mass (about 8 tiles out) shallow water and from that point out deep water. When you make all the water deep water then about 5 to 10 tiles out from the land mass will be a stripped like brown tile set.

eriminator

Sorceror
Im not sure if this is your problem but when making a map in Dragon you need to make the water around the land mass (about 8 tiles out) shallow water and from that point out deep water. When you make all the water deep water then about 5 to 10 tiles out from the land mass will be a stripped like brown tile set.

you are wrong.
only landscaper and the new tool from xen use shallow water! dragon works with ONE color for all water.

Dian

Sorceror
you are wrong.
only landscaper and the new tool from xen use shallow water! dragon works with ONE color for all water.

Actually, you are wrong. Dragon can use any land or static tile. Its only a matter of if it is in the Pallet.

Dian

Sorceror
If I remember right, the shallow water is actually based on those brown shades of land tile UNDER the static water tiles. The deep water is the water LAND tile. That is how the client distinguishes between them

eriminator

Sorceror
dragon only use ONE water - sure different water-colors for different z-lvl.
the issue on the first posting was missing static-watertiles. think the guy only use Dragon.exe without Dragonsp.exe.

if the static water-edges are missing, you don´t need to draw them with special shallow-color - only run Dragonsp.exe and you get right watercoast.

Dian

Sorceror
Again, its all in the pallet and scripts. Sure the distro pallet may only have minimal water entries, but that does not mean its all Dragon is able to use.

You are probably right though, the OP may not have run the DragonSP.exe and therefore has no static water tiles along the coast lines. It is the most common missed step to compiling the map.

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
Ill check again but after years of using Dragon 8, 9, 9+, 10 and 11 (9+ is the best I think) I believe that Dragon 11 start using Ocean -5 for the coast and water was -5 thur 25 or it maybe reversed.. anyway Here is the color Table... I now use MapGen II by far the best editor right now.

Attachments

• mod11eng.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 19