RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fix for "Cliloc Error" if UO is not in original directory

MoonRaverX

Wanderer
Fix for "Cliloc Error" if UO is not in original directory

This is how to fix the "Razor was unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc File.\nSome text may not be displayed." error.

Make a new file, called UO.REG

Edit it

Copy below and EDIT IT to match the location of your UO directory.

Double click it and select yes to add to registry

Viola! You no longer get the error.

Otherwise, reinstall to get the registry values...

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="E:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="E:Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy"
"PatchExePath"="E:\Program Files\EA GamesUltima Online Mondain's Legacy\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="E:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0]
"ExePath"="E:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\uotd.exe"
"InstCDPath"="E:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy"
"PatchExePath"="E:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="E:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\uo.exe"

Rion Locke

Wanderer
Thanks for posting that MoonRaverX. I get this error alot when I backup my clients. Saved me from doing yet another reinstall.

:)

Rhalar

Wanderer
Ok So how does one make a "new file"? What type of file is it? I am using XP and I always end up with something like UO.REG.txt

Please ease the pressure between my ears, that message is annoying

HellRazor

Knight
Just to clarify what this actually does.

Whenever you install UO, it writes the installation directory to your system registry. The client reads this to determine where to load the client files from.

So no matter where you have client.exe, it is going to read all of its support files from the directory in the system registry.

All this file does is write new values to your system registry, in effect changing your UO install directory.

P.S. I don't think this part of the file is necessary.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]
"HarvestStage"=dword:00000000
"UniqueInstanceId"=dword:4699ca17
"LastHarvestTime"=dword:46aa9c40

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

HellRazor

Knight
Rhalar;710039 said:
Ok So how does one make a "new file"? What type of file is it? I am using XP and I always end up with something like UO.REG.txt

Please ease the pressure between my ears, that message is annoying

Just rename it UO.REG.

Rhalar

Wanderer
Ok figured out my problem. Under Folder options, the view tab, I had Hide known extensions checked I had to turn it off then when I renamed the file it changed the extension too.

mxrox

Wanderer
I'm getting this cicloc error with the UOKR client(Kingdom Reborn) in the uokr folder i have uokr.reg and there is
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Games\\UOKR\\UOKR.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Games\\UOKR"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Games\\UOKR\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Games\\UOKR\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

the folder that the uo is installe is C\Games\UOKR but when i try to star the razor i get the error message, i also created an UO.reg and paste the things that u wrote and modified the diretories.

Ps: To log in the shard i have to use a file named Abyss.exe

What should i do to make razor work?
Thanks

Raptorx121

Wanderer
you wrote how to do the cliloc thing....im suck on cpu's....where do i create the file and how do i add it to the registry???plz help

Thanks MoonRaverX!

Thanks mate, works like a charm. I'll confirm that I didn't need the:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREOrigin Worlds Online]
"HarvestStage"=dword:00000000
"UniqueInstanceId"=dword:4699ca17
"LastHarvestTime"=dword:46aa9c40

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREOrigin Worlds OnlineUltima Online]

Thanks again!

evaristo

Wanderer
Can Anyone Say Me What Can I Do To Fix This Problem?some Admin Please? I Don't Know What Do With ?uoreg? Made A New File? .txt .sdfgarg .wtf? Well, Can U Say Me What Happens With The Razor? I Need It To Play In Spanish Shardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd I Don't Want To Pay Osi For Playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Say Me What Have To Do, I Reinstalled The Game About 20 Times And Cicloc Error Always In The Razor And I Need Encrypt My Client To Play ,,............... Pleasepleaseplaseplaseplasepalseplasepalsepalsepalsease

Niets

Wanderer
No tipées como idiota, por el amor de dios! (Don't type as an idiot, for God's sake!) :p

Are you using UO:KR? I've downloaded it and now got noticed that Razor doesn't work with it.

Otherwise, read Rhalar's post: Ok figured out my problem. Under Folder options, the view tab, I had Hide known extensions checked I had to turn it off then when I renamed the file it changed the extension too.

Didn't solve your problem? you can still play that shard by removing client encryption with UORice. Take >this< step-by-step. Replace the login information accordingly.

That should be all,
cheers.

evaristo

Wanderer
sorry about last type but im tired with the razor and windows vista, im getting cliloc error and no people help me, I reading all posts and i have no fixed my problem, What must I do?I have installed Razor about 10 times in different places of my pc but this don't work, any idea please?

vista is the problem, it has messed with about 75% of the gaming programs & suport stuff for them out there

that is why most people are upgrading back to XP

evaristo

Wanderer
oh you didn't help me, i have read in the forum that can be run with vista i have to install the .net 1.1 but i have installed it and i haven't fixed the problem, anyone can help me?

do you also have .net 2.0 installed too?
and DO NOT have .net 3.5 installed

if you have 3.5 installed - need to uninsatll ALL .nets and then re-install 1.1, 2.0 and optional 3.0

but in any case - life is much simplier with XP over vista

i do not have vista - but for most things dealing with runuo you shaould have both 1.1 & 2.0 install
they can be installed together - they do not overwrite each other

but do not install 3.5 - it is a beta and buggy