RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fix for "Cliloc Error" if UO is not in original directory

tomperk

Wanderer
I tried reinstalling razor and I still get the message...Nobody has explanined easily how to find the file...I don't understand program files very well, so I need a step by step instruction. I'm also using UOKR if that's a problem (I believe i read it's a problem somewhere)

CyberCrack

Wanderer
i have the problem my Shard uses other directory, better called an under directory seems like UO Originalfolder/Freeshardfolder

and the data is in this folder, but the cleint files are in maindirectory and modified to find path to data files. the files in Freeshardfolder are without endings^^ they are called like skill not skillx and so on they have other names and so on can i do anything

EmmieShadow

Sorceror
Thankyou Vag-Habundo

Vag-Habundo;751887 said:
It needs the double slash to be imported.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
I want to say a very big thank-you to Vag-Habundo that worked perfectly for me & my son. My UO.REG file I edited to make it work given your advice with double slash. So happy thankyou so much!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA GamesUltima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uotd.exe"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uo.exe"

Morsoseth

Wanderer
Okay, my registry looks nothing like that. Its got Origin worlds online with two subs, Ultima Online and KR Client. Theres no mention of any 1.0 or anything of that nature. I can play UO just fine but I'm having issues with easyuo finding the .mul files. The problem allegedly rests with the registry not pointing easyuo in the right direction.

_krighton_

Wanderer
Razor probs on Vista64

For those who are having problems running Razor on Vista 64-bit (getting the cliloc errors), try using the following .reg file rather than the one that has been posted here. This fixed my problems immediately:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online]
"HarvestStage"=dword:00000000
"UniqueInstanceId"=dword:4699ca17
"LastHarvestTime"=dword:46aa9c40

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="D:\\Games\\Ultima Online\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="D:\\Games\\Ultima Online"
"PatchExePath"="D:\\Games\\Ultima Online\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="D:\\Games\\Ultima Online\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0]
"ExePath"="D:\\Games\\Ultima Online\\uotd.exe"

Of course, substitute "D:\\Gaems\\Ultima Online" with the proper path to your UO directory (and don't forget the double slashes).

Hope this helps.

Grid

Wanderer
EmmieShadow;775373 said:
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
I want to say a very big thank-you to Vag-Habundo that worked perfectly for me & my son. My UO.REG file I edited to make it work given your advice with double slash. So happy thankyou so much!

This one and only this one worked! Thanks guys!

"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\client.exe"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA GamesUltima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uopatch.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uotd.exe"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uopatch.exe"

Attention x64 (64-bit Windows) users!

#### skip this part if you're not a geek ####
after trying to fix the issue for myself for two days, I realised that 64 bit windows registry keeps registry entries of the 32-bit programs somewhere else.
######## end of geeky part ########

What you gotta do is replace the quoted paths below to match your client.

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="E:\\Program Files (x86)\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="E:\\Program Files (x86)\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy"
"PatchExePath"="E:\\Program Files (x86)\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="E:\\Program Files (x86)\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0]
"ExePath"="E:\\Program Files (x86)\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uotd.exe"
"InstCDPath"="E:\\Program Files (x86)\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy"
"PatchExePath"="E:\\Program Files (x86)\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="E:\\Program Files (x86)\\EA Games\\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\\uo.exe"

Cheers!

Lichbane

Wanderer
GM Duncan Idaho;800186 said:
after trying to fix the issue for myself for two days, I realised that 64 bit windows registry keeps registry entries of the 32-bit programs somewhere else.
Brilliant! You've save what little hair I have left. Thanks. :)

Ramsonne

Wanderer
JNJ;823471 said:
How do i create a new file and where do i create it

Open notepad.

Copy that text into notepad.

Everywhere you see a file path, change it to match where UO is installed on your computer. For example, if you have UO installed in C:\Program Files\UO, you would change :

"ExePath"="E:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\client.exe"

To:

"ExePath"="C:\Program Files\UO\client.exe"

Save the file to your desktop as WhateverNameYouWant.reg.

Double click it.

Be careful to make sure that the paths you enter are correct, otherwise UO won't be able to find the files it needs to run.

I am running on Windows 7. This and Vista (64 Bit) require the double slashes. Used the code posted by GM Duncan Idaho and it worked like a charm for me.

Frostleaf

Wanderer
_krighton_;778090 said:
For those who are having problems running Razor on Vista 64-bit (getting the cliloc errors), try using the following .reg file rather than the one that has been posted here. This fixed my problems immediately:

"HarvestStage"=dword:00000000
"UniqueInstanceId"=dword:4699ca17
"LastHarvestTime"=dword:46aa9c40

"ExePath"="D:\\Games\\Ultima Online\\client.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

"ExePath"="D:\\Games\\Ultima Online\\uotd.exe"

Of course, substitute "D:\\Gaems\\Ultima Online" with the proper path to your UO directory (and don't forget the double slashes).

Hope this helps.

Ok this is a CONFIRMED FIX for anyone using Windows 7 64bit Edition. Simply open NOTEPAD.exe from "start > run", past the edited form of that above that suits your computer, Save As.. "all files" then uo.reg

If you create a notepad and then rename it, you stand the chance of renaming it to uo.reg.txt which is useless.

NelonLau

Wanderer
Please Help I can't make in run

This is my path
D:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss

I try alot of time work on Notepad...on registry..but i can't make it run...

please give me a Hand

Thanks

littlboz

Sorceror
Hey guys, I am a total newb so I might not know what I'm talking about but I got mine to work

I am using Stygian abyss and I typed in the fiollowing:

"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uotd.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uo.exe".exe"

Things to look for other in other versions or your computer I would believe would be does it say EA games or Electronic arts and make sure you change the Ultima online stygian abyss classic to your correct era. That is all I did to get mine to work.

For those of you who don't know how to make a .reg file it is easy:

Click on start, bottom left of screen for most computers, then run. Type in regedit. click on File, export. Then type in UO as the name. Then click okay or save. I made a folder in documents that said, "Things I put in registry for Razor UO" just to be safe ;-). I put the file in there. Then double click on the file, the .reg. and you're done.

Edit: and don't forget those pesky double slashes.

littlboz, I have tried what you have posted. It doesn't work for me.

I have Vista 64bit Business. I also have the Stygian Abyss Classic. The installer installed UO to this folder for some reason:
C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic

I'm sure by now I have all kinds of useless registry info from trying all these and, I don't know how to get rid of it either.

Could someone write exactly what I need to put in the .txt file for me so I don't screw my registry up anymore?
Do I have to delete any of the wrong registry entries? And if so, how do I do that?