RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fix for "Cliloc Error" if UO is not in original directory

Soultaker

Sorceror
sonanth;843470 said:
littlboz, I have tried what you have posted. It doesn't work for me.

I have Vista 64bit Business. I also have the Stygian Abyss Classic. The installer installed UO to this folder for some reason:
C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic

I'm sure by now I have all kinds of useless registry info from trying all these and, I don't know how to get rid of it either.

Could someone write exactly what I need to put in the .txt file for me so I don't screw my registry up anymore?
Do I have to delete any of the wrong registry entries? And if so, how do I do that?

Worked Like a Charm for Me!! thank you guys... this solved my problem!

p.s. for you sonanth, i uploaded a file, try that... should work for you... i based it on what i used for mine... off that exact directly you sent.

p.s. I used Microsoft Visual C# 2008 to edit & save the file, worked great for me.

Here is a copy in brackets as well.
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima 

Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss 

Classic\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian 

Abyss Classic\\"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian 

Abyss Classic\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian 

Abyss Classic\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online 

Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online 

Third Dawn\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss 

Classic\\uotd.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian 

Abyss Classic\\"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian 

Abyss Classic\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian 

Abyss Classic\\uo.exe"

Attachments

• reg_fix_sonanth.rar
    348 bytes · Views: 48

originalbert

Wanderer
Cannot Import because my computer hates me

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="c:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="c:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic"
"PatchExePath"="c:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="c:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\1.0]
"ExePath"="c:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uotd.exe"
"InstCDPath"="c:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\"
"PatchExePath"="c:\\Program Files\\Electronc Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="c:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uo.e

Here's what my path looks like, did all the silly crap to add it to registry. However after adding it when I try

to double click the file i get a pop up stating "Cannot Import blablabla The specified file is not a registry

script. You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.

What the hell does that mean :mad:

Soultaker, thanks man, but this did not work for me either. I even went into my registry and deleted every Ultima/Origin, etc entry I could find then added the entries in that file and I still the the message in Razor.

I think I will just give up and resign myself to clicking the OK button everytime I launch Razor.

I have no idea how to fix this.

Sierra Joyce

Sorceror
Double Brackets FTW !!!

Just wanted to build the case for possibility of success here. Had this problem for a while when I transferred my RunUO files to a new computer along with my UO files. I copied them however and had not 'installed' the original game (9th Anniversary for me).

Just fyi, I am using XP SP2 32 bit.

In the end, it was using the double brackets that got this fix to work in my case. Good luck to anyone in the future with similar issue.

SJ

Sierra Joyce

Sorceror
Had a question here. The third reply to this thread is by HellRazor and he says:

Code:
Just to clarify what this actually does.

Whenever you install UO, it writes the installation directory to your system registry. The client reads this to determine where to load the client files from.

So no matter where you have client.exe, it is going to read all of its support files from the directory in the system registry.

Now, let's say I have the original game files in my F: drive and I make this reg edit file and it works and I no longer have the cliloc error. That is all good. But what if I then move my files to my G: drive? Would I start getting the cliloc errors again? That I might test on my own, but here is something I am not sure I could test. Let us say I had another set of game files (Is that what is meant by client files? sorry I don't remember some of this lingo.) and had them in drive H: and I now wanted to have RunUO draw from those game files... would the instructions in the registry mess that up? and even if I have the datapath.cs point now to the H: drive, when I start razor would it look to the F: drive? Could I make another FixCliloc.reg file and run that or would it conflict with the original one?

Sorry if that is not utterly well laid out, but hopefully someone who actually knows the specifics of what this is all about will see my simple questions clearly !

*crosses fingers*

p.s. part of the problem is I don't really understand the "it is going to read all of its support files from the directory in the system registry." Registries are a mystery to me.

Sierra

Sierra Joyce

Sorceror
Trying to simplify my question...

Ok, let's say I have the cliloc error so I go ahead and install the game from the EA discs and it puts it right in C: etc. Now I no longer get the cliloc error as the registry was updated upon install. I however want datapath.cs to be directed to my game files on my D: drive. Where will RunUO draw from? Will it get something it needs from C: but the rest from D:? Or does the info in the registry overrule datapath.cs?

There, maybe that is less convoluted.

I guess part of the problem is I don't really understand why the registry is involved at all.

I don't need to understand this utterly, but if anyone can lend a little insight, i would appreciate it much.

:)

Sierra Joyce

Two Wolves

Knight
I am wondering, what is the implications here if I have two or more client installations in diffrent folders:
\\ShardUsesModifiedClient\\ folder
\\ShardUsesOldClient\\ folder and regular
\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\ folder

I found an easy fix to the cliloc error on accident. I kept getting it until i dled UOAssist. It seemed to automatically fix the problem without actually having to run it.

Two Wolves

Knight
Fix for "Cliloc Error" if UO is not in original directory

This is how to fix the "Razor was unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc File.\nSome text may not be displayed." error.

Make a new file, called UO.REG

Edit it

Is this really necessary? I got the automatic update for the latest latest today, 12.15 I think and was hit with No Cliloc errors.

[Edit] This it turns out was not probably necessary. My problem was AVG went nutz and deleted all the executables in my Ultima Online Classic and what I needed was to reinstall UOClassicSetup_7_0_15_1

Woogie

Wanderer
How the HELL do I get this to work?? Tried everything on this thread and still the same f-ind error. Could someone give me a detailed step by step?

Illaria

Traveler
having same issues just got new pc with win 8 and razor is giving me same error message as for making new file and editing I am totally lost

Illaria

Traveler
Ok downloaded UO Assist which at least allows me in game although tend to get a few random client kicks I can at least be in game .. Now to clear up the kicks and would be great with this new pc the graphics are amazing :)

Ive been trying to use razor to launch UO Freedom and can't get rid of this CliLoc error I have tried several things with no luck here are the errors i receive. I run in administrator and have manually selected the directories for the client location/data directory I have set the compatibility, when I do so the client launches but does not connect to the server ip and port or I get a -null- crash and ideas?
error 1:

Razor was unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file. Some text may not be displayed.
error 2 when the EA client doesnt load and razor crashes:
unable to launch client specified. (error:unknow_error)twod:"-null-"

Illaria

Traveler
I tried and tried to get razor to work and happened to see post about UO Assist and downloaded it figuring didn't have anything to lose by trying it seems to work really well. Have some of the people from my shard now using it as well. May want to at least test it out. :)