RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Consolidation

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Forum Consolidation

As many of you are aware we are planning on a massive forum consolidation. We have chosen our forum software and our vendor who will be doing the work for us.

The conversion will likely result in some downtime on the order of up to 24 hours. I will keep you up to date on our plans and when we think we will be proceeding with this change.

Thanks for your support and I assure you after the update our forums will be much nicer and much more user friendly :)

We will not be continuing with vBulletin because Internet Brands (who acquired vBulletin) sucks ass and that my friends is a fact.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Couple of side notes:

Starbucks will return.

SoRaged will be de-linked and made a standalone site.

We will be adding a new section for world design and building for custom UO experiences :)

Thanks!

catts

Sorceror
Been wonderin when you'd do this. Maybe there'll be enough people on the OT section so that I'll be encouraged to post cat related videos.

Ravenal

Knight
Ryan;868108 said:
We will not be continuing with vBulletin because Internet Brands (who acquired vBulletin) sucks ass and that my friends is a fact.

Yeah I totally agree with you on the vBulletin sucking ass now. Eversince the main former vBulletin team was replaced.

Deimos

Page
It's a shame Vbulletin has gone downhill the way it has, but such is life eh?

What forum software are you planning on Ryan? IPB? or a free one?

Bleach

Knight
Ryan;868112 said:
Couple of side notes:

Starbucks will return.
SoRaged will be de-linked and made a standalone site.

We will be adding a new section for world design and building for custom UO experiences :)

Thanks!
This excites me in indescribable ways.

Deimos;868174 said:
It's a shame Vbulletin has gone downhill the way it has, but such is life eh?

What forum software are you planning on Ryan? IPB? or a free one?

I doubt they'd take up a free one.

Deimos

Page
Ahh, interesting choice, I was tempted to buy it to replace my VB forum, to.

But I'm a little cautious given that InternetBully is sueing them, so I'm gonna hold off for the time being.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Deimos;868659 said:
Ahh, interesting choice, I was tempted to buy it to replace my VB forum, to.

But I'm a little cautious given that InternetBully is sueing them, so I'm gonna hold off for the time being.

I'm not worried about that... :)

Urborgein

Sorceror
Have you noticed when using XenBlack pro skin you loss the forum tags on the top of the page??

I mean that: Hybrid -> Trade forums -> Price check.

It was more confortable for navigating on the forum.

KoNNaN

Knight
Have you noticed when using XenBlack pro skin you loss the forum tags on the top of the page??

I mean that: Hybrid -> Trade forums -> Price check.

It was more confortable for navigating on the forum.

They are at the bottom with that skin.