RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

free maps / public domain maps / strip a map

eriminator

Sorceror
5x-7x

but you need to take the complete mulfile-paket!
if you need to take a 7x client, you need to copy all mulfiles-stuff into a 7x build.

Arrrr

Wanderer
pre-ml

but you can copy it in every map you want.

size of the castle area alone is 1000x1000
How can you tell its size and era? Btw, i tried one from uo-pixel (2 welten) but it displays a lot of "unused tiles"

EDIT: my bad, didn't see there was an aditional data folder. Impressive work.

Arrrr

Wanderer
Yeah, i came to that conclusion after looking at your avatar. I'm really impressed with your work, congrats. I tried it and, seeing from uofiddler and the radar it was all good, but when i tried it on local there was something wrong with heights, i cannot explain better (should i had taken a screenshot)

eriminator

Sorceror
the world works very well. but you need to take client 5x-6x for 2d.
if you have on server also your uo folder all my datafiles; remove the map/static dif-files and texterr.def - there will be no issue with zlvl

WillieZeke

Sorceror
how exactly do i load\use these maps (from the second link)? i downloaded them. are they to replace existing maps or can they be used in addition to existing maps. (noob here trying to learn) thanks for all your efforts and the maps look great!

WillieZeke

Sorceror
Hi, I need a bit of help if someone can.. I added the new maps and they are beautiful, the issue i have is, everywhere there was a city or town on the old maps has items still there on the new maps. Is there a way to remove them without having to individually [wipe each small area or individually [m remove each item?

eriminator

Sorceror
remove all mulfiles including "dif" at name like stadif0.mul, stadifi0.mul, stadifl0.mul and so on
in this dif-files are kind of patches for original-servers so if you use a custom map you need to remove it!

use ingame [clearfacet - this command delete all dynamic stuff

Sareus

Squire
How can you tell its size and era? Btw, i tried one from uo-pixel (2 welten) but it displays a lot of "unused tiles"

EDIT: my bad, didn't see there was an aditional data folder. Impressive work.

Likewise a better part of my night has been trying to find a client I can run this map on =P