RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freezing with legacy client

Durnik

Sorceror
An old shard I used to play on that disappeared years ago has suddenly made a comeback and several old faces are showing up for a bit of a reunion.

The problem is, the client version is quite old, 3.0.8 to be exact. Now, I can load up razor with it perfectly fine and counters and macros work well enough, but one of the features of this shard were several custom magic systems. When casting these custom spells on myself, everything works perfectly fine. When you target an NPC, however, the client freezes. Well, not technically freezing, as I can still log out successfully and everything is fine when I log back in, but the client stops updating the moment the target is chosen. Interestingly enough, if the casting time of the spell is long enough, I can start to cast it, freeze, log out and back in in time to see myself finish the incantation and witness the effects. So targeting is what triggers the issue.

Any ideas? I tried unchecking every option in razor, including smart last target, etc, but it still causes the same problem. Any ideas on a solution? I don't need the vast majority of the functionality of razor, but some simple macros would be nice and the forced resolution is absolutely necessary. Using the version 1.0.0 razor client didn't help at all.

volto

Sorceror
I play on the same shard as Durnik, and that problem doesn't exist when using client 4, (ML). However, there is a new problem, vendor menus do not show custom names, they show the default item name. For example, if there is "exceptional chainmail tunic" it will just say "chainmail tunic", and the vendor selling house deeds just shows "Deed" for each item, instead of "green tent deed", "two story house", etc.