RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Animal Taming Systems

Jarrod

Sorceror
good deal.

A suggestion, around line 823 in ShrinkItem.cs

list.Add( 1060659, "Stats\tStrength {0}, Dexterity {1}, Intelligence {2}, Hitpoints {3} of {4}", m_PetStr, m_PetDex, m_PetInt, m_PetHitsNow, m_PetHits );

to show how many Hitpoints the animal has max, and how many it has at the moment (in deed form)

Would be kind of nasty to buy a nice monster from someone that has 1 hit left, unshrink, and the seller zaps it just to be a jerk.

RoninGT

Sorceror
Never thought about that one.. Ill see what i can do to work it into the next update.

Thanks

Ronin

daat99

Staff member
Great system :)
What you think about setting it to be used only if it's in your backpack ?
This way players that lock it as a deco won't loose it if they forgot to "magic lock" it.

If you're considering this let me know I modified it on the version I use.

kfmafeng

Sorceror
Could you tell me:
I have already installed Animal Taming BODs system according to your explanation, I Chinese, please allow I culture in the of it.
The picture is as follows,
http://www.freewebs.com/attin/b.jpg

Is my question that the names of those npcs show how to turn into Chinese?
I am in Taming\animals. Revise for Chinese in cfg, served the end newspaper wrong finally.
Could you tell me how to let it show for Chinese npc name? Thanks. Thanks。

kfmafeng

Sorceror
Sorry, the picture seems not to show. It was the names of those NPCs in Gump that I thought of Chinesizing , such as Cat , Dog.

RoninGT

Sorceror
Hmmm thats a new one for me...
Names for the npcs on the deeds and gumps are generated via the Class name of the scripts of the mobiles them selfs. Let me give this some thought and get back to you on it.

Ronin

stormwolff

Knight
How did you set it up for people in game get the organics required for bio engineering?

Would it be possible for you to add that if a player clones a mountable creature that the clone would also be mountable? Like if I use the mimic of a horse, llama, beetle, etc.. it would be nice if it was mountable.

NIKULIN

Wanderer
Thanks. DNA system and bio enginering is the greatest idea! Thank you so much fo there.
I think this script needed in beter DESCRITION.... ! ! ! !

RoninGT

Sorceror
Yes i am working on the mounts, And i tend to improve the discription too. I rushed it out cause this release was meant to be here before v1.0.0 released and i held off to make sure everything was compatable with the new version of RunUO

Main things i am working on now is Adding bods to bod books,
Improving Human DNA pets. voice commands for unequiping items.
Fixing Breed Line in ShrinkItem Context menu, and a few other misc things.

Also Players get Orgaincs off of the the new set of mobs i added there in
Bio Engineering/Mobiles/Evil Bios/

Ronin

Alcore

Wanderer
PHP:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 1/29/2005 9:49:05 PM
Mobiles: 4285
Items: 66149
Clients:
- Count: 2
+ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: (account = JohnDeere) (mobile = 0x929 'Zasper')
+ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: (account = rick) (mobile = 0xB5D 'Shadow')

Exception:
System.ArgumentException: TimeSpan does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.
   at System.TimeSpan.Interval(Double value, Int32 scale)
   at System.TimeSpan.FromSeconds(Double value)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMoveImpl(Direction d)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMove(Direction d, Boolean badStateOk)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.WalkMobileRange(Mobile m, Int32 iSteps, Boolean bRun, Int32 iWantDistMin, Int32 iWantDistMax)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoOrderFollow()
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.Obey()
   at Server.Mobiles.AITimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 1/29/2005 10:01:04 PM
Mobiles: 4287
Items: 66194
Clients:
- Count: 2
+ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: (account = rick) (mobile = 0xB5D 'Shadow')
+ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: (account = JohnDeere) (mobile = 0x929 'Zasper')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Gumps.BioPetGump..ctor(BioCreature bio)
at Server.ContextMenus.BioMenu.OnClick()
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.ContextMenuResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.ExtendedCommand(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
Just got these two errors...first one was from trying to add the vials to bio pet..The second one was i added a bio pet (admin [add) then singled clicked the bio pet had a choice of either taming it or NPC stats i clicked on Npc stats..then shard crashed...i am trying to figure it out with no success...

NIKULIN

Wanderer
Bio enginering BUG.
When bioenginered animal which have 3 pet slot die, you have until 2 pet slots but haven't pets.

RoninGT

Sorceror
As far as the 2nd Crash, Remove BioCreature.cs, BioMenu.cs, and BioPetGump.cs These scripts are no longer used in the Bio System they were only left in for those who had players with older bio pets. But as you can see from the crash why they were removed.

I am getting ready to post and update tonight for a number of bugs.

Ronin

RoninGT

Sorceror
Sorry for the Triple Post but...
Alcore the only way i could recreate your crash was if i used my GM to modifiey the DNA set... Thats a no no LOL, I got this crash

Code:
Exception:
System.ArgumentException: TimeSpan does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.
   at System.TimeSpan.Interval(Double value, Int32 scale)
   at System.TimeSpan.FromSeconds(Double value)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMoveImpl(Direction d)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMove(Direction d, Boolean badStateOk)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMove(Direction d)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.WalkRandom(Int32 iChanceToNotMove, Int32 iChanceToDir, Int32 iSteps)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.WalkRandomInHome(Int32 iChanceToNotMove, Int32 iChanceToDir, Int32 iSteps)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoOrderNone()
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.Obey()
   at Server.Mobiles.AITimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()

Ill find out the cause of the crash and also remove the ablitity to props dna so staff are not tempted :)

Ronin

EDIT: Just updated the scripts again, Forgot to add the fixed for voice commands, and Fixed a bug in DNA targets. That caused a nasty crash on my server tonight.

Alcore

Wanderer
hehe..okay...thank you for looking at it...and yes it was admins accounts that we were using to test out things...i will delete the 3 folders as you suggest and redownload your updates...i really like this system and the taming BoD's are cool..good work on it...i look forward to any updates you have...

Fenrir

Wanderer
help for a newb

I am uber new to runuo and I am trying to install your taming sys. I keep coming up with this error. If you can help point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Fenrir

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 13 warnings)

'
- Warning: Scripts\Customs\Taming\Bio Enginering\DNA System\Gumps\SampleDNAGump
.cs: CS0665: (line 93, column 15) Assignment in conditional expression is always
constant; did you mean to use == instead of = ?
.cs: CS0665: (line 256, column 15) Assignment in conditional expression is alway
s constant; did you mean to use == instead of = ?
.cs: CS0665: (line 415, column 15) Assignment in conditional expression is alway
.cs: CS0665: (line 575, column 15) Assignment in conditional expression is alway
- Error: Scripts\Customs\Taming\Items\New Potions\PetShrinkPotion.cs: CS0246: (
line 78, column 25) The type or namespace name 'BioCreature' could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Customs\Taming\Items\HitchingPost.cs: CS0246: (line 105, colum
n 25) The type or namespace name 'BioCreature' could not be found (are you missi
ng a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.