RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Spellbook

I have seen alot of posts on this. People asking where to find a full spellbook or how to add a full spellbook at character creation. Some of the posts are old and some are kind newer ones. Either way people are catching flak over it. So here is the answer for those who are stilling looking.
I use runuo-2-1.neruns-distro. All I had to do was this to get a full spellbook. Now ill give you the answer but not how to put it into the character creation.cs file under packitems. Only because i was asked not too, it will help you learn the code this way.
All you need to do is type FullMagerySpellbook and thats it. Now for all you nah sayers, It works for me and I didn't download any extra stuff to do it. If its already on neruns-distro script then great. If there are any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks guys

milva

Sorceror
There is also a deed floating around which when you click it you can pick from several different full spellbooks :)

Mend

Wanderer
I understand that not telling how-to-do-things helps folks learn how to script, but this community is nuts. I'm not even talking about your point Moongoose in the first post.... I'm wonder milva, why you even mention it if you don't actually shed any light on the issue? It's like it's the habit of the established community to chime in with a "I-know-more-than-you...trust-me" It's not your fault either, you're just doing what everyone seems to do.

I couldn't get Moongoose's point to work either, even though I also use neruns-distro.

I am a huge newb to runuo, and while I appreciate everything here (runuo is incredible and the community does have answers... whispered throughout shattered posts), it's like all the regulars treat this place like an exclusive club where newbs have to put their time in before they'll get a simple question answered. I remember I had to comb a dozen posts just to find out where all the commands were listed (in the docs file, in the runuo download).

This is probably the wrong place for this rant, but I just had my first drink and you're the 14th or 15th post tonight to do this... (cryptic posts that are like a riddle that I can't crack).

Back to google for me, to keep searching the site.

Mend

Wanderer
For future searchers, simply do the following for a full spellbook:

[addspellbook

then

[allspells

target the spellbook you just spawned

pooka01

Sorceror
Just a hint, i noticed at the last minute: This is not the right forum section. This should be in script support! ;D

He means a fully filled spellbook in the char's pack upon creation i guess,
just do what Mend sggested, get the flag for "content" or whatever big number you see, and i guess you can place this value in the spellbook itself when you create it.

here's what AllSpells command does:

Code:
  private static void AllSpells_OnTarget( Mobile from, object obj )
  {
  if ( obj is Spellbook )
  {
    Spellbook book = (Spellbook)obj;
    if ( book.BookCount == 64 )
    book.Content = ulong.MaxValue;
    else
    book.Content = (1ul << book.BookCount) - 1;
    from.SendMessage( "The spellbook has been filled." );
    CommandLogging.WriteLine( from, "{0} {1} filling spellbook {2}", from.AccessLevel, CommandLogging.Format( from ), CommandLogging.Format( book ) );
  }
  else
  {
    from.BeginTarget( -1, false, TargetFlags.None, new TargetCallback( AllSpells_OnTarget ) );
    from.SendMessage( "That is not a spellbook. Try again." );
  }
  }

This looks rather confusing, so, this here looks better and more promising:
Code:
  [CommandProperty( AccessLevel.GameMaster )]
  public ulong Content
  {
  get
  {
    return m_Content;
  }
  set
  {
    if ( m_Content != value )
    {
    m_Content = value;
    m_Count = 0;
    while ( value > 0 )
    {
      m_Count += (int)(value & 0x1);
      value >>= 1;
    }
    InvalidateProperties();
    }
  }
  }

so Spellbook book = new Spellbook();
book.Content == <<value you found when getting content number of a full spellbook>>;

OR

this should be a big number so yea, use that right after instead of the last line above:
Code:
if ( book.BookCount == 64 )
    book.Content = ulong.MaxValue;
    else
    book.Content = (1ul << book.BookCount) - 1;

I hope it's unclear enough.

¯¯¯¯¯¯
And btw, yes, i noticed how hard it is to actually getting answers,
mainly because someone answers with a not-the-most answer, so people with answers see a reply from somebody, doing in sort that the person will take into account that the answer was answered and just leaves.
I do hate that. But hey, i'm here.

I understand that not telling how-to-do-things helps folks learn how to script, but this community is nuts. I'm not even talking about your point Moongoose in the first post.... I'm wonder milva, why you even mention it if you don't actually shed any light on the issue? It's like it's the habit of the established community to chime in with a "I-know-more-than-you...trust-me" It's not your fault either, you're just doing what everyone seems to do.

I couldn't get Moongoose's point to work either, even though I also use neruns-distro.

I am a huge newb to runuo, and while I appreciate everything here (runuo is incredible and the community does have answers... whispered throughout shattered posts), it's like all the regulars treat this place like an exclusive club where newbs have to put their time in before they'll get a simple question answered. I remember I had to comb a dozen posts just to find out where all the commands were listed (in the docs file, in the runuo download).

This is probably the wrong place for this rant, but I just had my first drink and you're the 14th or 15th post tonight to do this... (cryptic posts that are like a riddle that I can't crack).

Back to google for me, to keep searching the site.

Mend, It may sound like I was trying to be a know it all. I promise you I am not a know it all. I have spent hours looking for script and more hours looking for answers on how to use it. I still take the round about way of doing things when I code. People still tell me how the can stream line my script. That might be true but I like to do it my way to help myself learn. I'm not looking to change your mind on how you feel only wanting to let you know we are in the same boat. I am willing to share any info or help I can. If you find some script I have put together you have questions about please message me.

Well good luck Mend and if you need anything please let me know.

Moongoose24.