RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad to be back.

we are glad to have you back. Dragons bane is a non greedy shard. Kyn and I split from dante on evo over his greed. Currently donations to our server go straight to our hosting cost. When we go live we WILL NOT sell power. purely deco and things to make farming easier (high use shovels and such). Kyn and I hope to take runuo back to the roots. Will we succeed is purely up to the players.

Yeah, I went back over there and got about half of what I had donated for, no vet bag or skills like the rest. I try not to stir up anything after my break because I would rather have fun again than spend all day at war that won't change anything. So I guess I'll be looking around at scripting for some friends and occasionally playing somewhere.

LFFPicard

Sorceror
Yeah, I went back over there and got about half of what I had donated for, no vet bag or skills like the rest. I try not to stir up anything after my break because I would rather have fun again than spend all day at war that won't change anything. So I guess I'll be looking around at scripting for some friends and occasionally playing somewhere.

If you read the forums and the broadcasts when the server came back you would have seen that Dante was asking everyone to fill in a book with lost items and your real name to match against donations and all staff were going round to get each player back into the game. Also if you were a late return you can simply page for a vet bag. They were handed out in the first few days but if you missed that then just page.
It was a slow process getting back up and running but the community stuck with it and now Evo is more popular than ever. And I see it becoming even more popular after reading on some of the new features and changes being worked on.

I would say Dante definitely is not in it for the greed, in fact he has been more that generous in getting everyone back up and running and sorting out all the problems.

Dante is still an asshat! Doc so happy you are back. Made my day when you messaged me. :D Keldon I think it kick ass that you and Kyn have started your own shard. I am sure it will be amazing and a great place for UO players to call home.

Misha

I'm just happy to be back. I don't feel like arguing or debating anything anymore. I'd rather have fun developing and keeping up with friends. All the fighting is a waste of time that could be put into work.

I've noticed a few good shards that are working hard and adding new concepts that are great. Good to see some nice new things and faces. I'll probably start work on mine today. I have a lot iof ideas and will share to keep this community and servuo community with great people that share instead of greed for the love if the game like Milva, Hammerhand and a few others. Right now I am on eternal vengeance. The owner has dine an awesome job. Insoired me to get back at it. Drop by and say hi. I love to hekp and it is nice to see an owner that truly cares about his players. I'll be there when not coding if any old fruends want to say hi. Again great to be back and ignoring the drama.

pooka01

Sorceror
I could have opened my shard lately but my host expired and someone took it before i replace it xD
I feel so bad for not checking my emails now :p

Regarding my previous statement about Dante being an "Asshat". I have had several PM's back and forth with Dante. He would like me to remove or retract my previous statement. As honest person I cannot do this. I was treated very poorly when I logged into Evolution. He says it was not him that treated me badly.

When I asked him "Is there or has there ever been another ADMIN or OWNER name Dante?"

His reply was as follows: "No but there have been players that have used versions of my name and screwed around, lots of griefers, but again I assure you i have NEVER been like that with any players, Im very patient, 46 yrs, and maybe have banned 10 players in 4 years. I give 10 warnings and plenty of chances before I would ever make a player leave. Again there must be some mistake. I am very friendly and community oriented and help other shard owners, so Im always friendly"

He blamed his players. I have played UO for about 11 years now. I have been a player, staffy, and owner. I am positive I can tell the difference between a player and a staff member.

After reading his response I thought it over for a day or so. Then I very politely answered as follows:

"After thinking this over for a bit...I have decided not to remove my comment or retract it. I am sorry but I am fairly certain it was you. Unless you give your players staff items this was no player. I have heard about many of your behaviors and the things you have done and said. This fits right in with what I hear. So there is no reason for me not to believe that this was you as well. I trust my own eyes."

He did not like my answer apparently and his response was as follows:

" "fairly certain" is no reason to call a fellow shard owner an "asshat" in a public forum? Would you want me acting this way to you or your shard? What exactly have you heard and from who? You should probably verify the source of your info and not be sucked in to the gossip. I have been a quiet member of this community for over 10 years and I really dont appreciate the negativity. I would appreciate you reconsidering your opinion and your conduct in this matter and remove the post"

After reading all of this and him making such a big deal out of it...i have come to the following conclusion.

"asshat" + "are not" = "asshat ^2"

I'm not looking for any nor am I part of that. I'm working on scripts and helping a few shards so my free time is limited.
I will say in regards to that.. the crappy things you did to people in the past are seen and do follow you, just as my past still does, but I am
trying to change that. That takes a long time.

Vorspire the name "Asshat" is reserved for very special people. You are not an Asshat....at least not that I have seen in the years I have been on runuo. Misha is not my only screen name. I have been around for a long time. I maintain my opinions of Dante...I did not down his shard...just him. He needs to remember what he puts out comes back x3.