RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harvestable Drugs [RUNUO 2.0] [Callandor2k ML SVN]

Sythen

Sorceror
Harvestable Drugs [RUNUO 2.0] [Callandor2k ML SVN]

Background
This System Was Created As An Alternative To Other Drug Scripts That Can Be Found In The RunUO.com Forum Boards. This Is The First System That I’ve Ever Pieced Together That Uses A ‘BaseScript/Engine’ That Other Scripts Need To Reference In Order To Function Properly.

System Specs
This is for those of you who prefer to grow plants and crops, rather than click 3 magic seeds (from inside your pack) together in order to create a resource. This system allows players to:

• Grow Plants That Yield Drugs: Seed > Seedling > Crop > Resources
  • Use The Drug Resources And Get High Using A Variety Of Tools
  • The Ability To Create Joints Using Rolling Paper And Marijuana
  • Drug Dealers That Will Buy Your Wares And Sell Them For A Profit
    • These Guys Are Attackable
    • These Guys Will Say Random Phrases!
    • You Can Dismember Them
    • They Carry 5000+ Gold, A Bong, And Seeds
    • They Sell All Drug Resources
    • They Sell The Tools To Use Drugs
  • System Is Specifically Designed For Use On A Role-Playing Server

In addition server owners can easily create their own drugs to add to the system; only the default drug, Marijuana, has been added with this package. As I create more drugs I will post them to the RunUO Forum Script Release Section. Finding references to create new drugs should be very easy because each of the scripts I created for Marijuana are in the folders I associated with the drug using the drugs name.

As for the drug scripts, they are easy to follow. Server owners really only need to change the graphic ID numbers, the drug names, and add any special modifications they feel necessary to their new drug scripts. Just don’t forget to reference them back to DrugSystem_Engine.cs or you will not get the ‘Highness’ effect that made these drug scripts so popular. Feel free to add new effects to the list; I added a few phrases and players will now faint and puke.

Will There Be Support For This System?
Absolutely, I will help where I can. If I am unable to answer a question I’m sure the RunUO community will pick up where I leave off. I consider myself a novice scripter still; I can edit and piece together any script out there fairly well (I’d like to think), but I still lack full understanding of how to create a fresh script from scratch. That being said, I know I don’t know everything in regards to the code used in this system; although I think I translated it pretty well putting it together and I’m sure you all will enjoy this system – it’s been through 3.5 days of testing.

You Are Encouraged To Share Your Drugs!
In the tradition of sharing, the community (myself included), can’t learn by example if no examples are given. With that in mind, if you create new drugs, effects, and/or any sub-systems for this system, please share it. I’d like to see this system evolve and hopefully be of some use to shards instead of just a novelty item; it would be nice to see resources (drugs) cure sickness, act as food (that you eat and get high), become ingredients for other items in-game.

• Installation And Setup Instructions For This System
  1. Un-Package The [.rar] or [.zip] Files Onto Your Desktop
  2. Drag And Drop The Folder In This Directory: ‘RunUO/Scripts/’
  3. Goto This Directory: ‘/Harvestable Drugs/Da Drug Dealer’
  4. Un-Package The Compressed [.rar] File Onto Your Desktop
  5. Move ‘The Drug Dealer’ Folder Into Your ‘RunUO/Data’ Folder (The Speech.txt File Can Be Edited To Fit Your Server - Contains A List Of Random Phrases)
  6. Restart Your Server And Enjoy Your Interactive Drug System.
  • **The '[DrugSystem_Delete ' Command Will Delete All Crops That Have No Assigned Owner**
Disclaimer For This Drug System
I did not provide original coding for any script in this system. I merely borrowed methods from the drug systems that were already out there and elaborated on them with my own creativity. The idea is mine, but the physical code is not. This system works exactly the way I wanted it to and as far as I’m concerned is the most complete drug system available on RunUO.

I Would Like To Thank The Following People For Helping Me With This Project
Lord_Greywolf
Bujinsho
HammerHand
Vhaerun

*Without You This System Would Have Been A Sloppy Coded Mess With A Lot Of Extra Items*
–THANK YOU –

***EDITED: 10-03-2010***
Okay Here's The Long Lost Puke You've Been Waiting For! (Sorry This Puke Came With Another System, So I Forgot About That And Just Assumed Everyone Already Had It Installed) :eek: :D

Description:

This Is All Purpose Puke! Other Systems Could Potentially Use This For A Gooey Effect! :eek: ;)

Installation:

Drop Anywhere Inside Your Customs Folder And Enjoy The Script! :D :D

Attachments

• Harvestable Drugs.zip
    334.5 KB · Views: 270
  • Harvestable Drugs.rar
    330.4 KB · Views: 221
  • Harvestable Drugs Readme.pdf
    360.3 KB · Views: 260
  • Puke.zip
    740 bytes · Views: 193
  • Puke.rar
    726 bytes · Views: 148

Sythen

Sorceror
Reserved For Any System Updates

Please Note: This System Should Not Affect Vhaerun's Systems Or Lord_Greywolfs Harvestable Package

***EDITED: 03-12-2010***
Added The Puke Scripts, In The Post Above, For Those Who Didn't Have Them. My Apologies But Today Was The First Time I Heard About This Issue And So I Was Unaware I Had Forgotten To Add This Script. I Hope This Addition Makes Your Drug Usage A Lot More Enjoyable! :D :D ;)

To Make This System RunUO 2.0 Final Compatible You Have To Remove TerMur As Per The Directions Below;
And You Must Remove The Following Red Line At The Top Of Each Script:
Thanks Morxeton!

> using Server.Scripts;

Directions To Remove 'TerMur' Off The List Of Facets In The DrugSystem_Delete.cs

STEP 1: Find This Line: (Line 36)

Code:
foreach ( Item item in World.Items.Values )

STEP 2: Under That Line Look For This Line And Delete The Red Portion Of The Code: (Line 45)

Code:
if ( item.Map == Server.Map.Felucca || item.Map == Server.Map.Trammel || item.Map == Server.Map.Ilshenar || item.Map == Server.Map.Malas || item.Map == Server.Map.Tokuno [COLOR="Red"]|| item.Map == Server.Map.TerMur [/COLOR])

Thilgon

Sorceror
I have not clear the dynamic of this plant system...
It's like the normal OSI plants, you seed them in a vase and make them grow with watering and potions, or like LG/Vhaerun's crop system, that you can plant them somewhere (in dirt or somewhere in the ground), and wait for them to grow?

About the rest, this seems very nice ;) Thanks for sharing!

Sythen

Sorceror
This plant system is like Vhaerun's. All crops go into the ground and then you collect the resources. :) I just thought it would be a more realistic twist off the drug system ;) Glad you enjoy it

Hands Of God

Sorceror
Im getting this error

I have the ml runuo

Code:
Errors:
 + Customs/Harvestable Drugs/System Engine/DrugSystem_Engine.cs:
    CS0246: Line 492: The type or namespace name 'Puke' could not be found (are
you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 492: The type or namespace name 'Puke' could not be found (are
you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Sythen

Sorceror
***EDITED: 10-03-2010***
HARVESTABLE DRUG SYSTEM UPDATE - SEE THE FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD - Thank You: Hands Of God For Bringing This Issue To My Attention :D

Hands Of God

Sorceror
Thanks man that works lol And it only took you 10 mins to fix. man that's fast lol

Just one error left but its an easy fix. ill just remove hte map from the list.

I don't know how to get the TurMur map but i would like to have it lol

Code:
Errors:
 + Customs/Harvestable Drugs/System Engine/DrugSystem_Delete.cs:
    CS0117: Line 45: 'Server.Map' does not contain a definition for 'TerMur'

Sythen

Sorceror
No Worries ;) Thanks For Posting The Issues. I Added Directions For Removing The Ter Mur Edits - In The Second Post Above :D - If You'd Like To Know How To Add Ter Mur You'll Need To Goto This Link On Orbsydia.ca And Scroll Down The First Page Until You Read SA MAP. Typed Exactly Like That In Bold And Light Blue. That Post Will Teach You What Core And Distro Edits Need To Be Made. You Can Get Support Off That Forum Should You Run Into Any Issues. :D

program?

what program was used to create this? i open it up in notepad and it doesnt work and besideds word that is all i have, and that is what i do all my scripts in. but when i open it, it looks like gibberish and special characters... any help?

Sythen

Sorceror
Microsoft Visual C# Express

Its a free program off the Microsoft website. You can also use notepad and dreamweaver to open any C# files. I don't think Word can open C# files, but then I've never tried. :D

Morxeton

Sorceror
Word can open C# script files because they're just simply plain text.

I recommend using Notepad++ if you want a lightweight source editor. It won't do any validation but it can help highlight syntax for many different languages (incl. C#), etc.

.:: NOTEPAD++ ::.

Loki8213

Traveler
What would be interesting, would be if you can somehow script killable guards that spawn in the towns to use their snooping skills to search your pack for drugs; and if you have any, they'll attack you & if they kill you, loot the drugs lol. It would give the drug theme a sense of permanence, and not become just some fad that players do for a couple of days and then forget about. It would make the drugs more difficult to acquire/maintain and as a result they would be worth more to your player economy.

Thagoras

Sorceror
Well, at some point I'm going to make a "drug dog" which searches players (in range) and does have a chance of failure (so you could, maybe sneak by). But, if drugs found, mark the player criminal. Let the guards finish the job.

Sythen

Sorceror
I look forward to that Thagoras! I'm currently in the process of adding a new subsystem to this. In a week or so you can expect 3 new drug crops to appear in this system. In addition I have created a way for players to process the resources into 'other' forms of what ever resource they are cultivating. See below for details:

Drug Crop:................Coca Plants
Produce:...................Coca Leaves, Coca Seeds
Process Results:........Powdered Cocain, Crack Cocaine

Drug Crop:................RyeCrop
Produce:...................Ergot Fungi, Rye Seeds
Process Results:........LSD Solid Form, LSD Liquid Form

Drug Crop:................PoppyCrop
Produce:...................Poppy Syrup, Poppy Seeds
Process Results:........Opium, Heroin Powder

Players will bring their Drug Resources to the Drug Dealer. When standing next to him, all they will have to say is the word: 'process' and the Dealer will present them with a gump; from which they can choose the drugs they wish to get from the resources. I did this to an already complicated system in an effort to make it a bit less complicated. There is some truth to the way this is all set up though. In the past 2 weeks I've been researching how all these drugs are made from harvest to processing so its fairly accurate without the technicalities of real life stuff involved.

Shivian's Guards (I think thats what it's called)... is the easiest guard system to add this to. Just add the name of the drug dealer script to the list of creatures that system will attack and presto! Drug Dealers will be run out of town and killed. There may be a way to flag a character criminal if they purchase the drugs, but I don't know how to do that as of yet. When I figure it out, I may add it in the script. :D

Anyway, nice ideas guys! I'm actually happy this system is taking off the way it is. Thanks for all your support! :D

Gorelord13

Wanderer
Hey, i tryed using this system but i dont believe that it works with 2.0 Final, so i have resorted to using a different one :( i want this one but it doesnt compile :(

Sythen

Sorceror
Interesting, I'll look into this issue as soon as I complete the new drug addons. I'm sure the differences are subtle, but I have no idea what those differences could be until I download and run RunUO 2.0 Final. This system was built around Callandor2k's ML SVN.

I'll try to post a version that works with RunUO 2.0 Final but I may or may not need some help doing so. We'll see. :)

Sythen

Sorceror
UPDATE 03-12-2010

See the 2nd post in this thread for details. Thank you Gorelord13 for bringing this to my attention. The fix above will make it so this system works with: RunUO 2.0 Final

Gorelord13

Wanderer
Thank you and no problem, i cant wait until i can use this, the one i have you cant do sht with it, you just buy them from a dealer and thats it, and the items and everything are horrible, the only ones i actually like about it are the bongs (modded them to my liking) and the fat hand rolled joints lol, but once you guys make this RunUO 2.0 Final compadable and have a large variety of drugs (if allowed once i learn a bit about making scripts ill make a few myself to speed up the process) but thats a whole different story for later, but thank you :D